I am 46 years old and have had a problem with pressure in my throat for over a year. I went to a GI doctor and was diagnosed with a hiatel hernia and had to have dialation for a collapsed spot in my throat. I am still having a problem with the left side of my throat. After the dialation in April, my left eye twitches, and I have lost a remarkable amount of hair. I am taking Nexium, what do you think my problem could be?

eye twitching, can mean nerves.

Have you had your thyroid checked.

I had hair loss and eye twitching and lump in my throat when I had thyroiditis.

eye twitching on one eye, is the muscle, and nerves, and that could be due to some damage in that area.

do you get mucus too?

i am a 34 female i have been having pian under my chin upin to the jaw by the ear and down the side and front of my neck and a weird bad bitter tast and atingling and sting on in the tongue has any body ahd something like this docs do not know yet i ahd my thyroid tested nothing showed i had my ears tested i am at a lost ?

Yes, I have experienced similar problems--pain in my chin, muscular pain in the left side of my neck as well. Initially, I attributed this to the surgery I had last year to remove some calcified thyroid cartilage. Follow ups revealed no problems structurally, so the surgeon pretty much dismissed it and said 'give it tiime'. Meanwhile, 2 years later, Im still hurting on the left side of my throat and neck. I had believed that it was scar tissue that was causing residual problems from the invasive type of surgery that was done on my neck--an external approach.

I am beginning to think there are other complications as well. I took it upon myself to seek another angle and check out my digestive system. I had an endoscopy to see my esophagus and stomach--and whammo, there is much evidence of reflux disease, an ulcer, and a hiatal hernia. It is possible that the acid from my stomach has traveled repeatedly up to my larynx, causing additional complications and a voice disorder. I have pain when I speak and muscle spasms.

So, I feel it would be in your best interest if you haven't already done so, to rule out possiible acid reflux disease and perhaps try and anti reflux regiimen. I am currently taking nexiuim twice a day to see if this helps, although it's too early to tell.

Russ

have you ruled out reflux disease? I have a similar set of symptoms and just starting taking Nexium twice a day. We'll see...

Sounds hormonal to me. I have Hashimotos Disease of the Thyroid and get those symptoms on flareups. Other hormones become unbalanced, suffer from nutritional deficiencies. Get your vit D tested along with a bone panel, ferritin and thyroid (FT3, FT4, TSH, TPO, and TGab), testosterone and female hormones. Probably be wise if the Dr wants to test anything else to let him haha. I would insist on at least those though with thinning hair and throat problems. I also have hiatus hernia and GERD, I believe the GERD gets a lot better when my general health is better.