Hi, im 23 y/o, I had Reflux all my life, and im a little bit worried at the moment. Because of the Reflux i vomit relatively often, nothing too bad, but more than normal for sure.

Last time i had it checked was about 3 or 4 years ago. But about 1 or 2 months ago i started to get some exaggerated symptoms. After going to the doctor, just out of curiosity i checked for Esophageal Cancer signs and symptoms online, and besides Coughing or Vomiting up blood, i pretty much have every other single sign, specially when it comes to the Back pain, Chronic cough, Pain swallowing, Loss of Weight, and a really strong Burning Sensation some nights (wish i never had before), wish is followed by kind of a sweet taste in my mouth that last for a few hours.

I do not take any medication, and as i said, i already went to the doctor; he already ordered and Endoscopy, sadly at the moment because of my job i live in a Country where things don't work as smoothly as back home, and apparently i'll have to wait quite a while before this exam is done.

I guess im just posting here to have some peace of mind, my family has a long Cancer history and always been a little bit scared of it. Im guessing that developing this signs in such a period of time, might have nothing to do with this, or is just how Reflux evolves after a few years. would just like to hear it from someone else.

Thanks a lot in advance ;-)

Why didn't the doctor give you something for it? Don't they have Omeprazole (Prilosec) where you are?

mmm he said he wanted to wait until the exam, i preffer not to say the country, that way i don't sound like an ass, don't want to offend anyone hhaahha

They seem to use a trial on Prilosec around here as a diagnostic tool instead of expensive tests. Prilosec won't hurt you and if it cures the problem it pretty well identifies it too.

I was feeling really bad and hurting pretty bad too in the chest area. My doc sent me to the ER saying they have a perfect test to determine if it's heart related or something else. I had a 6x bypass a few years earlier. They gave me something to drink that had a pain killer in it plus an antacid. They wanted to know if the pain went away immediately and then if it stayed gone after the painkiller wore off. I thought that was a pretty inexpensive way to eliminate heart problems and point them to acid reflux.

I had been on Prilosec but the VA gave me Ranitidine as a substitute for it. The ER doc put me back on Prilosec and the problem was solved. Lucky for me by the time this happened the VA was buying Omeprazole so I was able to get from them.