i have one more question previous to the other one,
today is my last day of the sugar pills, and im not taking the birth control anymore, as like i said before we are trying for our last baby. so if we had sex on the last sugar pill can you get pregnant by not taking the birth control anymore. sorry if it sounds complicated im trying to explain it the best i can. so basically today is my last sugar pill but im not going to take any more, i had sex last night and was wondering if you can get pregnant by not taking the pills anymore? i hope someone can understand this. sorry if you dont i just cant find much on the internet.

Hi:
According to my research, it is not likely that you would have conceived so quickly after stopping the pill. However, because there is about a 1% chance that you can get pregnancy while on the pill, a chance of pregnancy is there. The best way to ease you mind is to take a test. Although some home test claim to be able to detect a pregnancy soon after conception, a test from a medical office may be more reliable. You don't need to put yourself thru a lot of worry. Have a test done and plan from there. I wish you the very best....Let us know.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question but if you're asking if you can already be pregnant from being off your birth control pills, there's always a chance even though it's slight. At this point I would say that you are almost certainly not pregnant, but only a pregnancy test would actually confirm that. I think that you might want to speak to your physician as well because the hormones take awhile to leave your system. Please let us know about your progress though!

[thanks for the replys. i am to start any day now. and im not really wondering if im pregnant right now. i was just wondering if you could right after taking the sugar pills then not taking them anymore. if it leaves your system after taking all the pink ones. thanks again

I understood your story, and i also can tell you that you can find a lot of interesting in internet. For example - find ovulation calculators. Try to use ovulation calendar . There is even a feature to calculate gender of future baby - so it may be useful for you to find out THE SPECIAL DAY you want to.

I understand your question better now. Yes, it is possible to get pregnant after that point, but it's not very common. The hormones take awhile to leave your system so you are unlikely to get pregnant (or at least your chances are lower) in the first month after quitting your birth control. Doest that answer your question? I'm sorry to be ignorant about this but I want to make sure I get your answer right!

its ok your not being ignorant. i understand what your saying. im not saying im pregnant. althought the sooner the better, lol, well anyway i always start the first day im to start my next pack, which is today but i did start or what i thought was i started this morning like normal but it was light and then mid day it stopped i cramped like hell all morning and had a headache from hell from not smoking cuz im trying to quit. so i quess it quit cuz i stopped the pills recently. well i guess thats my udate so far. thanks again

one more update, i ended my period already and it last four days just like last month. so i know i was not pregnant but now i think ive just ovulated and of couse my husband and i had sex so im hoping ive just gotten pregnant. wish me luck.

I am glad that you got some answers. I also hope that you will conceive soon. I know that it will happen for you. Congratulations on your desire to quit smoking. That's a great decision in favor of your baby. I know that you will be successful there too. Please let us know how the conception plan is going. We want to be able to congratulate you on that topic too. I am excited for you. Please keep us informed. :-D