i have a quick question. i ended my birth control this month and 1 day before i started i had sex. then my period lasted for 4 days which is what it did last month also. then 2 days after my period i had sex again now its day 10 from the start of my period and ive been extremely tired, moody ive also recently quit smoking cigg. which could be causing some of my symptoms. but i just have that feeling i might just have gotten pregnant the first or this last time 2 days ago. i feel like im about to ovulate im having a little bit of discharge thats kind of jelly like and its kind of clear. and i dont think its sperm from the other night cuz that all comes out with in about a day. so any advice. im not that concerned about it right now. but ill just wait it out thats all you can do. thanks again for any advice.

Hi: The jelly discharge is ovulation, I doubt very much you could be pregnant. Even though missing the pill for 1 day increases your chances of getting pregnant, it is not a HUGE increase. Tired and moody are probably from quitting smokin - congratulations by the way!!! So I wouldn't worry.

Since you missed one day, did you make up for the skipped day by doubling up? It depends on which birth control you are taking but it would. A jelly discharge is not really anything I think to be in line with symptoms of early pregnancy so I don't think that's of any concern. It sounds definitely like it's related to quitting smoking, at least your symptoms of being tired and moodly. Can you give us an update on how you're doing?

Hi Pittsfamily: If you ever miss a pill again, whatever you do you NEVER double up birthcontrol pills. You take it as soon as you remember, but don't take it together. Each pill you take has a certain balance of hormones in it. At the beginning there is higher ratio's of this balance, then just before your period is due the ratio tapers off, letting your body know to release the lining of your uterus. IF you double up, it is the wrong combination, and your hormones will be unbalanced. So please don't do that OK!? How are things going?

Bambi27, it was my understanding that there were some birth control pills that you can double up on and some that you couldn't. I know that it depends on the pill though. Are you referring to a specific brand? I might be confused and obviously I wouldn't know as much about the issue since I don't need to take them for contraception :-) but I would like a little clarification because it was my understanding that you could.

i just wanted to say that i didnt miss pills. i just quit taking them for good this month cuz me and my husband are trying to have our last child sorry for the misinformation.

a little update i hope. just to let you guys know im struggling with the not smoking anymore its so hard to quit cold turkey and the nicotine gum is not helping either. as for the pregnant question, i know now that i didnt get pregnant before or right after my period, but i think i have just ovulated and i did have sex the day before or the actual day of ovulation, so hopefully i have just gotten pregnant. well wait and see what happens. i have read a lot of things about women who stopped taking birth control to get pregnant and it took a long time for them but for some of them it happend right away cuz they ovulated that month. so wish me luck. ill let you know what happens thanks again for replying guys.

Hi Pitts" Since you have stopped the pill, the chances of getting pregnant increase each day. Doctors usually ask you to stop for a month and have a period before trying. It isn't dangerous if you get pregnant before, it's just so they can be more accurate with your dates. Because most often then not, you periods will change after you either come off the pill or change it. When you become pregnant you will notice the following, sore breasts, englarged and darkening of the aerola, sore back - pelivis - hips, nausea ESPECIALLY to fried food! Some women get the "baby flu" runny nose, a slight cough! And believe it or not many womens noses grow bigger!!! o.O Also a lot of women mention about brown discharge or spotting, that can be the sign of a fertilized embryo implanting in your uterus. So good luck!!!

another update!!! im just trying to keep up to date on whats going on with me. another thing thats bothering me. ok, i was cramping last night, may 23. now today i went to the bathroom and on the tp was jelly like discharge with the color of brownish red. more brown then red. but that was it. ive been checking still and still nothing. im not cramping like i did last night. i know i thought i just ovulated but i didnt know if it could have been implantation bleeding or what. im not to start till the first weekend in june. ive never had this happen to me before like this. i had sex the 18th and that was leading up to ovulation, so i think that was when i got pregnant im thinking and hoping anyway. and i went from having diarrhea to constipation in a day. i just wish i knew what was going on with me.

I think you might have a baby there!!!! The dates seem right, the brown discharge and the implantation cramping are a sign of implantation. So we will ALL be on tenderhooks till June 1st XD 8-| Remember to take Folic Acid and eat well, especially green vegetables! Keep us posted and I don't want to offer congratulations yet, but I think this could be it for you. I TRULY hopeso! Good luck hon and DEFINITELTY let us know! Also todays pregnancy tests can be taken really close to your expected date of a period. So you could even take it later on next week, so we can all breathe better ;-) Best of luck hon!

[thank you very much bambi27 for your reply i will keep that in mind, ive already have 2 kids but what i hate is that ive never had anything this weird go on. i still dont feel right this afternoon, i am cramping a little bit and im so constipated. so lets keep our finger crossed. i will deff. let all of you know what happens. 8-|

Each pregnancy is different and as we get "older" ;-) weird things happen. Compared to teenagers who sneeze and become pregnant, usually older or I should say "mature" women ;-) 8-| have different challenges and wacky things happen that aren't usually the norm. Use a stool softener not a laxative for you constipation. Black licorice also used to work for me. Good luck!

hello again everyone, i just wanted to give another update, just trying to keep u posted on whats going on as the days progress to the time i can take a test.
anyway first off of my couple of things i posted im really not going crazy about waiting im just curius and exited. and hoping.
anyway this should be my 6 day after ovulation, i think. and ive been having little pains in the side of my stomache like a cramping sensation and than a pain way down low. for the past day or two. no more spotting since that last time, and my boobs have been hurting a lot for the past couple of days and i have been so hunry and thirsty and been going to the B.R. alot.and i am starting to have an increase of vaginal discharge kind of white milky looking. and also the bloating. well thats what ive been noticing so far as the days are progressing. i really have a feeling i am. i have a dr. appt to get a blood test done next thursday that should be 14 days after ovulation. because im going to be going to an amusement park the 2nd week in juneand i dont want to go if im pregnant. so i need to find out something before then. so wish me luck i will deff. let you all know what happens.

Hi Hon: LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK!!!! I don't think you need luck anymore just vitamins!!!! ;-) XD I still think it might be too early, but you never know! As you are already aware, they will tell you the weeks since your last period! So it could be a hit and miss thing - not too burst your bubble hon, just wanting you to be aware that it still might be negative!!

Why wouldn't you want to go to the amusement park?!!! Other than the drop of doom I don't think anything else would cause any problems - OH except for that spinny thing where people puke and it goes past you!!!! XD o.O Anyway honey, I wish you NOTHING but luck and PLEASE keep me posted OK?

hello again bambi27, im just writing back to say you are so funny. lol.
anywho, i am prepared if the test comes back negative, and i guess im noticing a lot more things cuz im used to not paying attention to my body. but now im more in tune with my body. im just ready to find out though. i just had heartburn this afternoon, and that just freaked me out. i know the symptoms im having could be something different then pregnancy but heartburn. im telling you what! the reason it freaked me out was becuz i dont EVER have heartburn unless im pregnant. but im not going to say that my body doesnt change cuz it could over the years and weird things do happen. but i didnt get heartburn until i found out i was pregnant with my first son. then after that i didnt have heartburn anymore. my 2nd pregnancy boom it started up again after i found out i was pregnant with my 2nd one. and after that nothing. and now out of the blue im getting it again. but anything is possable like i said.
ps. and i had the usual stuff i eat , potatos, and a bacon sandwich which is what i ate tonight but i dont eat that all the time.