During the day I'm fine, it's the night time that is killing me. I cough excessively, have abundant amounts of mucus that I need to clear out and spit out all night. This has been going on for over 7 months. Tried Nasonex and that doesn't help at all. Mucus is white in color so it's not an infection. The weird thing about the whole situation is the fact that the symptons occur only in the night time. Once it gets dark I start coughing and the mucus builds up..

Can you please help me understand my condition and possibly offer some advice. Thanks

That's really, really odd. Since you say you've been on Nasonex, you've seen a doctor. It's okay to see another one and get a second opinion.

Also, try seeing a homeopath or naturopath if doctors don't seem to help. It's worth a try.

There are also certain things you can try at home. Try breathing in some steam. Put hot water in a bowl, put your head over it, and put a towel over your head. This is known for really helping clear mucus out of the lungs.

I'd still suggest seeing someone, though. You don't want to deal with this forever.

i am having alot of problems with thick mucas coming up and causing my stomach to have heartburn or throw up whatever i eat i have like a metal like taste in my mouth. i am getting scared cause it is getting worse. ant re would help me right now thank you

I started having the same problem when I was pregnant and now my daughter is having too. I take one Benadryl at night and this helps me so I want to relate it to allergies. But this doesn't sound right. I've been thinking of going to the doctor because I can't give my daughter benadryl and have been using saline with her. She would rather have a stuffy nose. She's three.

gyn94 wrote:

hi there gyn94...i feel sorry to know that there are other people as well who experience the same hell that i am going thru..my name is raju and i am from india...

this is my medication and it really works {although it cant cure you..i have been on this regimen for about 2 months now..i missed a few doses in between owing to my forgetfullness and on those days i had to suffer like hell...}

here it is : 1} tablets of {montelukast + levocetrizine + dihydrachloride } manufactured by BoRox-M

2) Transcaps { a.k.a drycaps or capsules - which are to be inhaled using an inhaler that comes as an accessory with the capsules} of {formoterol fumerate and beclomethasone dipropionate powder } marketed under the trade name of "duomate forte " by lupin.

i hope it helps....and i also noticed that your post is a year old...so,if there has been any improvement in your case,pls do let me know

***this post is edited by moderator *** ***
private e-mails not allowed***
Please read our Terms of Use

p.s : i have also taken up jogging and pranayam {yoga}...they are of recent beginning and i find a tinge of positive influence ...you may wanna try too..all the best and i hope to god that you recover soon from this terrible illness.