I had gone through two weeks of coughing and blowing my know every five seconds, The coughing was so bad that I had to sit up at night, and I was coughing up small thick balls of mucus and they were dark green. Then once i got over it, the mucus isnt so thick and its white. So I was driving one day and didnt want to spit out the window so I spit into a bottle....after sitting in the car in the texas heat, it turned black and got hard, what could that be?

If I read you right it only turned black and hard after the heat got to it right? If that's the case its a dried out loogy!!!! You had a SEVERE infection when you were coughing up dark green. Which will leave deposits, that is why you then started coughing up white - the infection had gone but not the irritation from the deposits - so you spat it out and the heat took away the liquid and fried the deposits and left it like a hard lump!

NOW that said, IF you coughed up black lumps that's ANOTHER thing totally. And you would need that looked at RIGHT AWAY!! But I don't think that's what your saying

Also one other thought, was the loogy in a bottle of Coke?!!!!! JK ;-) XD XD :-D

You're fine hon - other than the SCORCHING heat, my nephew is in Houston right now and he says it's TERRIBLE!!! That's the other reason why your coughin so much - the heat and dryness. I hope this puts your mind at ease, stay healthy and cool!!!

bfaulk, i agree with what bambi posted. I thought at first that you had coughed up black mucus but if it doesn't really matter what color your mucus turns once you spit it out. I don't think that's anything to really worry about. I hope that you're doing well otherwise though. Does that make sense? Let me know how you're doing okay?