Hi, I just discovered this place.. and thought this might be a good place to ask this..

I have allways had the Sniffels and my ears pop constantly sence i could rememebr and ever sence i was 20 years old (im 23 now ) I have been hacking up either yellow , or white or clear like mucus it starts when i wake up int he morning and then through out the day it just happens , it depends on the weather like the change of season I am day and night hackign up huge globs of mucus.. anyways I have tryed all kinds of OTC and Prescription medications fo alergies and running out of options i (think) and just wold liek to know if anyone has gone through this or knows anything and what i could do

thank you

I've had the same problem for many years also. I first started hacking this yellow mucus/phlem when I was a senior in high school. I remember clearing my throat in choir class and up came the phlem. Since then it's been on and off for the past 11 years. This month it's been heavy. Everyday for the past few weeks. Everytime I lay down I feel like I need to sit up and hack up this nasty stuff. I was told by my doctor a few years ago that it's the result of a reaction to my pillow. ...Well I've switched pillows 3 times since then and it's still happening. I think it's due to post-nasil drip (spelling?). I also have always had a very runny nose.

The same symptoms happen to me. I never thought a pillow could be the cause of my symptoms and I find that hard to believe since the symptoms I have carry out throughout the entire day. I have had sinus infections as a result of this problem and have had to be on antibiotics. I too have tried different types of medications however have had no luck. I think it is directly related to the weather with spring time being the worst. (22 male)

Hey everyone. You sound like you all have what my mother has. She has bronchial asthma. It's essentially a consistant cough with phlegm and sometimes, like all asthma sufferers, you can have trouble breathing. During the colder months and out in the cold it does get worse because it's so dry out. Please get checked for this! Good luck!

Hi i'm just wondering if anyone can tell me why alday long for a year and a half i've been coughing up black and brown mucus?

I used congestion tablets (Sinex to be specific) and now I hardly ever have it. I use to get it every time I brushed my teeth and eventually it would just happen throughout the day (I found blowing my nose helped) but after taking those tablets I'm fine. I hope this helps!