My doctor told me I have allergy, so, I've taking claritin, clarinex alternately, sometimes benadryl.  But it's still the same, I have too much mucus so I cough every single day of my life for long years now.  I even went to a lung specialist and prescribed me medicines.  But, still the same.  I've read about  cystic fibrosis, one of the symptoms is over pruduction of mucus.  I'm 55 years old.  I'm still hoping that one day I won't cough of mucus anymore.  Please, somebody, help me.  I'm so sick and tired of coughing everyday.

I’ve posted similar thoughts to some sites but this information is worth repeating – so I'm reposting it. This has been working for me.

I’ve been reading the many posts about chronic mucus in the throat. I’ve been there – done that for many years. I’ve seen 4 different doctors without any positive results and tried MANY - MANY Rx’s. I’ve been tested for allergies, asthma and GERD and I’m not a smoker. I not knocking the medical community but they seem to have tunnel vision when it comes to this condition. With the help of some on-line postings and some research, I’ve come upon some promising results.

Antibiotics seem to be a common denominator.  When a doctor prescribes an antibiotic it kills all the bacteria [good and bad] in your system – this is good when you are ill since it eliminates what was making you ill. However the elimination of the good bacteria has consequences. [Please note that I’m not a medical professional so my descriptions/explanations may not be stated well but this is what I’ve pieced together with some research] There is a relationship in the body between mucus and good bacteria. If the good bacteria are not adequate, the body produces mucus as protection.

With my condition, I separated it to a mucus problem and a post-nasal drip problem. First the mucus - Probiotics are designed to replace the good bacteria. They are not new and have been around for a long time and there is a lot of information available on them – doing your own research is recommended. In my case, I’ve been prescribed antibiotics many times over the years but never replaced the good bacteria. So I started with a low dose of Probiotic and worked up. [I was taking 3 capsules 2X daily and then backed off] This has reduced the mucus in my throat a lot – maybe 80% or more. [I’m reluctant to say that I’m cured]

Next the post-nasal drip. This is still a work in progress. Over-the-counter decongestants aren’t a solution for me – Sudafed-like compounds mess with my blood pressure but I still use Flonase. So thanks to another on-line posting, I use lemon water to cut any drip. The best addition has been the use of Quercetin [a supplement which is an natural anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine] So far, so good! It seems to be working.

I hope this information works for you. Do your own research on this. If it does work, pass the word around on the various message boards (as well as your own doctors) since traditional medicine is in the fog about this issue. I also recommend reading Dr. Mark Stengler’s writings about “Chronic Sinusitis A Natural Cure” [Many sites prevent hyperlinks to other sites but you can Google him]. Good luck

Do you smoke ??

There are lots of health symptoms that overlap medical diagnosis. It is best to undergo lab test, physical assessment and diagnostic procedures. Mucus are way to protect the body from foreign organism. Just like secretions from your nose, and ears.