I have extremely blurred vision and I have been diagnosed with optic neuritis. What should I do now?

Be positive, optic neuritis almost always goes away… yes, you have bigger chance to develop MS, but not necessary!!!
Cotico steroids have beed shown to increase the rate of the recovery from optic neuritis. However, continued use of steroids for more than 3 years has been shown to delay reoccurrence of optic neuritis. Besides cortico steroids (their continued use) have some side effects.
Copaxone and beta interferons have shown to reduce reoccurrences of optic neuritis.
Stay positive and busy!!!!

I just wanted to state the possibility that your optic neuritis problem may be related to a fungal infection of the eye. It seems to be common in people with systemic yeast problems or reaccurring (fungal) infections. You may want to try googleing optic neuritis and yeast/fungal infections and read what some doctors are saying about it. If you would like you can email me and I can tell you what I have done. I'm just trying to offer hope.
Sharleen