I have been diagnosed with retro bulbar optic neuritis as my left eye lost some vision this is the second time, however this time i have sinus pain sometimes it is one sided face pain including my ears and neck. I take beconase 4 my sinusitus and have just had antibiotics and still the pain in my ears is still there and they feel blocked. The pain is worse in the night. I also have mucus constantly at the back of my throat but my nose is clear. I am also breastfeeding so am limited on what i can take. Has anyone had this and suffers from sinusits? The facial pain may be down to cluster headaches? I was diagnosed with ethmoidal sinusitis 5 years ago and had the same pain. Can sinusitis and cluster headaches occur together?

I just wanted to comment on your symptoms...I have had the same exact ones. Even the headaches that won't subside with painreliever; they too seem to get worse at night. The doctor said it appears that I have a sinus infection as the area around my sinuses is very painful. It is also painful and tender around my ears, jawline, neck, behind my eyes and in my sinuses. But like you my nose was clear. When the doctor gave me antibiotics it only got worse. Along with these symptoms I had blurred vision which in a period of six weeks caused me to go from 20/20 vision to 20/60!!! The doctor was telling me I shouldn't drive and I was near legally blind! I also was very dizzy, so much so, that when I was at the grocery store I thought I was turning down the isle but I kept turning into the end cap with my cart.

I have seen two doctors and several specialists including a nuerologis, an optometrist, an optomologist as well as having multiple blood draws and an MRI. All the blood draws determined is that I was enemic...that was new as well. Nothing else was found to be abnormal. The only time I have had symptoms like this is ten years ago when I had severe problems with systemic yeast. At the time it was causing these symptoms as well as many more (endometriosis, fibromialgia, fibroid tumors, etc.). I think that is what is going on again. I began yeast kill off a week ago and for the last two days have had no sumptoms for the first time in two months and my vision seems to be improved.

I believe that the sinus infection is fungal NOT bacterial and that it has spread into my ears and eyes. The fungal infection in my ears would explain the equallibrium/ballance problems and the infection in the eyes would explain the vision problems, the fungal infection in the sinuses is probably whats causing the headaches. I also came across a websight that said systemic yeast problems also often cause enemia in woman.

I would recomend googleing "systemic yeast, optic neuritis" or "optic neuritis, yeast infection" or something of the sort. There is quite a bit of info on it. For yeast kill off I recommend a book called, "The Yeast Connection," or go to your local health store and ask for a recomendation. Doctors for the most part have no clue about this subject. If you have questions or would like some advice on quick "kill-off" for yeast you can email me at: _[removed]_. Good luck, Sharleen

thanks for the new insight, i have had a ct scan and nothing has come of that yet! been back to the opthalmologist who says the imflammation has gone, got to go back for a field test. Headaches come and go but like you said get worse as the day goes on. What do you think about stress ralated sinus problems or hormone related? this all started when i was on the pill and stressed at Uni! I just hate the blocked feeling in my ears that hasnt been right since April. Have u been on any corticosteroids for your sinuses? i am wondering whether or not i should be taking them are they doing me any good if i am still getting headaches 2-3 times a week? I'lll try the yeast thing.

this post was written regarding stabeygirl's post:

I have been feeling unwell for few years now, especially in the last couple months, from abdominal pain, to kidney pain, to constant headaches, dizziness, balances issues ie. cant even cross country ski anymore properly....and just feeling fatigue out of my mind...exhausted. so decided to go ses a live blood analysis....he found my rbc dehydrated, rbc count is low, and lots of uric acid crystal build up, rbc in rouleaux formation, liver stress but most of all major systemic yeast infection in my blood, they were everywhere. so he sugested probiotics and a prebiotic, which i have now been taking for 2 weeks.

so just 2 days ago, i had a heavy nose bleed in the shower...then in the afternoon, at work while i was dialyzing a pt (im a RN) my nose start to bleed out of nowhere...like heavy...took 25 minutres to clot...now i have never had a nose bleed in my life...except when i was 7 and got a blow to the face. i have been in dry conditions (was a soldier for couple of years..) but aside from the nose bleed, which i had another one last night while kissing my partner goodnight...my head feels heavy, eyes are hurting, and constant head pressure, i am dizzy when i get up, and just feel so exhausted......oh yeah, i also been fighting endometriosis cyst disease for 3 years and had a recent leep done for high grade dysplagia on my cervix, which was preceded my a tonsillectomy not even 4 weeks before that. I wasnt even recovered from that 1st surgery.....

regardless, i feels hopeless, i feel like my body is shutting down, i am afraid to go see a doctor, as he may think i am crazy...but i know how i feel inside, and i think that my systemic yeast infection is winning the battle.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what testing, or what i should do? i just know i want to get better, to start enjoying life...as i am only 24 years old!

Thanks for your time!