Hi, recently I got some vision problems, I can’t see sharply enough, can’t focus on objects that are even close. When I went to see ophthalmologist he discovered optic nerve swelling, and now is suspecting neuritis of optic nerve. What are the options for treatment?

Swelling of the optic nerve will lead to visual problems and this can sometimes be seen through an examination. For this examination your pupils have to be dilated. No actual treatment is used in optic nerve swelling. In time symptoms will get away and your vision will improve, but you have to wait for some time. Only a course of high dose of corticosteroids could speed up the recovery, but wouldn’t improve the prognosis. Optic nerve swelling may be symptom in optic neuritis, a inflammation of optic nerve. From my experience neurologists are more competent on this condition than ophthalmologist .