I would like to get some information. I have problems with overactive thyroid gland. It produces too much hormones. That is due to autoimmune disorder that I have known as Grave's disease. My eyes were affected the most. I had to go to the orbital decompression surgery, but even after it I have problem with double vision. Prisms are recommended for correcting my double vision. Are they helpful?

It is commonly accepted that prisms are used for correcting double vision. Convex lenses can produce double vision in persons with normal sighted vision. Then it is noticed that by using prism shaped lenticular convex surfaces correction of double vision problem is obtained. It is been proved very helpful in correcting the double eye vision you should follow the advice.

Hi there,
Double vision can be very problematic and it can be a real obstacle when it comes to everyday life. How long have you been having this problem? Are you using any medication for Grave’s disease? I know that most doctors suggest the surgery as the best solution, but some like to use medication first and try to get rid of this without surgery. Well the prism will be helpful because it directs light differently to your eyes. I am not really sure if it will correct your double vision after sometimes so you don’t have to wear glasses all the time. I hope this was helpful in any way.

All the best,
Danella