Hello all! the other day i went to a optician, and she said that i have 1 diopter of astigmatism on each eye and i have to wear glasses all time to prevent headaches and relax my eyes, the thing is..i see fine without glasses! is really true that i have to wear them or she is overreacting. I went to a optical store for another eye exam, and yes, it is true the 1 diopter thing :'(. It's too mild astigmatism to wear them? if im not wear them my eyes are gonna get worse?.

PS: Sorry for my grammatical errors, english is not my first language. 

Dear Jack

It is considered by many that <1 diopter can be left untreated. However >=1 diopter should certainly be treated. And you have 1 diopter of astigmatism with both eyes. That means each cornea is oval, not round. Compare a rugby ball (or American football) with a basketball. This means that your eyes are straining to focus properly, which can cause headaches.

Eyesight is precious. If left untreated, vision problems resulting from astigmatic conditions can exacerbate over time.

If you don't like the idea of wearing glasses, are contact lenses are available where you live?

Hope this helps

Hi, thanks for answer it seems like i don't have a choice, hehe, and yes contact lenses are available in my country, but i don't like the idea of having something in my eye >_<.