Hi. My eyes are irritated and red, sometimes. I went to see my doctor, and I end up diagnosed with excessive tearing. I feel pain with eye movement. He said the cause of my problem is dry eye syndrome. I don`t think so. What could be the cause of such pain?

Hi. I suffer from excessive tearing, caused by dry eye syndrome. My eyes too are red and so irritated. I use artificial tears all the time. I have to put warm compresses on my eyes to keep them moist. My doctor told me if I feel the pain that I should give him a call. Anyway, I`ve been reading something about pain in the eye. If the pain is sudden and if you experience decreased vision, you may have optic neuritis, which is an inflammation of the optic nerve. Pain in eyes can also be caused by sinuses. The other cause could be orbital myositis. It is a muscle inflammation. Myositis could also be your problem.