I am 23yrs and my doctor has just told me that I have 12cm cyst on my right ovaries. I have missed my period for the first time aside from the time that I had a miscariage few years back. I feel pregnant and I have all the symtoms of pregnancy. I did a blood test and urine test for pregnancy but it both came back as negative. My GYN has scheduled me for a surgery for the cyst on my ovaries. I am very worried because I think I might be pregnacy but all my test didn't prove pregnancy. I have missed my period and it's been 12days that I misssed it. Will surgery for my cyst affect my pregnancy if it turns out that am actually pregnant. Has the 12cm cyst on my ovaries make me miss my period and have pregnancy symtoms. I am really not in pains for the cyst but I just have the same symtoms that I had years ago when I was pregnant but had a miscarriage. Does any one has any advice as to what to do?? Has any one had similar experience with cyst and pregnancy? Please share your thoughts.

Well, Hi! I am also a 23y.o that has just been diagnosed with a 12cm cyst on one of my ovaries as well.. I can definitly say that I was experiencing that same thing.. I had actually missed my period for 4 months before I saw a doctor and had blood tests taken for just that.. I SWORE I was pregnant, I just felt like something was growing in there (and there was, it just wasn't a baby!), my tummy hurt ofter, than when I finally did get my period I had pains like labor and my previous miscarriage pains.. And I bled none stop.. one ex super tampon and ex large pad as well. Finally they got me in for an ultra sound, and I ended up with my period for almost a whole month.. I'm scheduled for surgery Jan 29, 2008. They said that I could also have Polycystic Disease (sp?) and could be a large cause of my weight problem most of my life, having issues with my period since day one, and a production of more testosterone.. They'd even at first considered diabetes.. Hormone imbalance.. I'm just telling you these, because I'm wondering if your doctor had discussed any of these possible factors in the growth of your cyst.. If not, that should be something you'll want to get into with them.. Cysts don't just come out of no where!! Especially when they're the size of a freakin large softball.. Mine causes me a lot of pain and discomfort, so I understand all right now..

Hi, im also in my 20s and diagnosed with a 12cm cyst on my right ovary. Im 21 and they scheduled my surgery on the 26th of january. Because of the size im told its likely and endometrioma or possibly a dermoid cyst. Surprisingly I have very little if any pain from it but for at least a year have had heavy periods and more painful ovulation when it alternated to that right side. I also started getting hormonal migraines a few months back before i went back on birth control. Im not so sure that the bc pills didnt accelerate its growth. If it is an endometrioma which likely it is, i have endometriosis which is worrysome for fertility and makes me hesitant to take out one of my precious baby makers, after my MRI tomorrow to confirm type, im going to seek alternative methods to removal of the entire ovary. So be sure you ladies get 2nd opinio on the type of cyst and causes unless your not worried about having children in the future, you can get by with one ovary, but then what happens if the other one gets a large cyst?