I have noticed that I experience pain in area of my ovaries every time I have intercourse. The pain is more sever when I have an orgasm. What is wrong with me? Is there some condition that is causing me to feel pain every time I have sex?

Before I tell you anything I want you to know that you need to go to your doctor. What you are experiencing is not normal and whatever the cause is, if it is not treated it can lead to more serious conditions. Pain during intercourse is called dyspareunia. It is pain or discomfort in a woman's labial, vaginal, or pelvic areas during or after sexual intercourse. The number of women who experience pain during intercourse is unknown because the symptoms vary and pain during intercourse is one of the most common causes of problems in sexual relations. One of the possible causes of pain during intercourse is ovarian cysts because the ovary has the capacity to form a large number of cysts. The ovarian function of producing hormones and releasing eggs is directly linked to the formation of cysts and ovarian cyst is a sac that develops in or on the ovary. Abdominal pain is often the first indicator of an ovarian cyst and they can often bring on lower abdominal pain during intercourse. Except pain during intercourse cysts can cause other symptoms like constipation-when a cyst presses on the rectum or frequent urination- when it is pressing on the bladder.