Hello, I have experienced abdominal pain after sex last night. Actually this is the 3 time in a row that I had this pain. It took me a long time to fall asleep and when I woke up and went to roll over the pain came shooting back and it has gone away since this morning. I'm worried that something may be wrong; I've never felt any thing like it.

Maybe this could be explanation for your abdominal pain after sex 3 times in a row... Sometimes during penetration, a penis can bump the cervix, which may be painful. Talking to your partner about any discomfort as well as trying a different sexual position can help. If sexual intercourse is painful, then you may want to spend more time in foreplay to make sure that your vaginal canal is fully expanded; the more sexually aroused a woman is the more expansion occurs in the vagina. Women vary in terms of the depth of their vagina, Some only have 3 or 4 inches from their vaginal opening to the top of their cervix Other as much as 7 inches long.

Pain during and after sex can also be related to ovarian cysts - which can be found during an ultrasound. Other symptoms also include stomach swelling, particularly on one side - which may also look lumpy. Other symptoms may be irregular periods, or irregular spotting, sometimes feeling of sickness, lower back pain, hip pain, and pain even in thighs. If this is the case, and the pain is experienced during sex, usually you can determine the side of the cyst. Sometimes asking your partner to push more toward the opposite side can relieve some of the discomfort felt.