My friend told me that many women have ovarian cysts without having any symptoms. I am worry because I can feel some strange symptoms I think can be caused by ovarian cyst. These problems I feel are pressure, fullness, and pain in the abdomen. Also I feel dull ache in the lower back and thighs problems passing urine. I would like to know if those are symptoms of cyst on ovary and should I visit gynaecologist.

These symptoms you wrote could be sign of cyst on ovary so I would recommend you to make appointment with your gynecologist soon. Since ovarian cysts may not cause symptoms, they are usually found during routine pelvic exam. During this exam, doctor is able to feel the swelling of the cyst on the ovary. Once a cyst is found, the doctor may perform an ultrasound, which uses sound waves to create images of the ovarian body. On the ovary, different types of cysts can be formed. The most common type of ovarian cyst is called a functional cyst. This ovarian cyst is the one, which often forms during the normal menstrual cycle. Each month, a woman's ovaries grow tiny cysts that hold eggs. When an egg is mature, the sac breaks open to release the egg, so it can travel through the fallopian tube for the fertilization. Then the sac dissolves, but in one type of functional cyst, called a follicular cyst, the sac doesn't break open to release the egg and may continue to grow. There are some other types of cysts on ovary, but anyway, it would be the best for you to check it with your doctor whether it is cyst or something else.

Does a syst on your overy make you loose weight????

because ever since i got a syst i lost like 5 or 6 pounds and i cant gain weight now!!!

Yes they can definitly cause you to lose weight. I didn't know I had one and I was losing dramatic weight within couple of months and never went to the doctor. My periods were very painful and I always felt preassure and loads of pain on my ovary. One morning I felt very constipated and felt alot of pressure in my abdominal area. Later on I found my self being rushed to the ER with a lot of pain. They ran tests for the entire day and when they got their results back they found out that I had a ten inch cyst. The next morning I was sent to the OR for removal of the syct. I definitly suggest going to the doctor if you are seeing a change in your weight. It's important to pay attention to your body.