I had my shoulder surgery eleven weeks ago.
I'm about to go out of my mind. I have too much pain still,
I cannot sleep at night, I have almost no use of right arm.
I am feel panicky and depressed. I no longer trust the surgeon.
My primary care doc left private practice the day after my
surgery. The physical therapist is a nice guy, but frankly, I just
don't trust these people anymore. I think they'll say anything to
get the business (surgery) or to keep us coming for P-T as long
as our insurance will pay. Then we're off the books. I have lost
faith in the medical profession over this. And I fear that I have lost
the use of my right arm/shoulder.

Shoulder surgery is certainly a new experience! I had surgery on my right shoulder just over 2 yrs. ago. My collarbone and some arthritis spurs were trimmed, my rotator cuff was totally separated and had to be repaired, and I had a ruptured bicep tendon. I was in severe pain for about 5 weeks. I went to PT 3 times a week and made very little progress. After that, my surgeon went in, cleaned up some scar tissue and manipulated my shoulder. I started in PT right away and over the next 4 to 5 months made a lot of progress. The pain seemed like it would never end and I got depressed thinking that I would never be out of pain again. I was still in a lot of pain for at least three more months and it was probably a year before I could say I didn't hurt at all. I did find that, after a few months, NSAIDs worked about as well as narcotic pain killers and I hated the grogginess from narcotics. Nothing worked really well. My left shoulder has recently caused problems so I went to my surgeon earlier this time and he did surgery 5 weeks ago. This time, all he had to do was decompress the collarbone and trim arthritis spurs so things went very differently. Almost immediately, my range of motion was normal. I am still feeling some pain but nothing like the first surgery. I am in PT, again, 3 x per week and see quicker progress. The first time around I could only sleep in a recliner for at least 5 months. This time I slept in bed (with my arm elevated on a pillow) after 1 week. I was surprised both times by the pain in my arm and all the way into my wrist, at times. I guess what I'm trying to say is that every surgery is different because every problem is different. Look for progress (it may be slow or fast) and don't give up on yourself. My surgeon and Phys. Therapists all gave me lots of encouragement and although they "pushed" me a bit, they never made me feel like I wasn't trying hard enough or was a wussy about the pain. I hope this helps you. Hang in there!