i had an accident 3 years ago and it caused my shoulder to be renched a was in a sling for a week and after about 4 weeks me arm went back to normal i could do sports and my usal day,but the past few months there a pain in the joint and i can only desribe as a weird sessation and causes pain for a few minutes a goes it happens about 2 times a week can someone help me and tell me what goin on

I have also hurt my shoulder when I fell off a bike, I didn’t break anything but I think I stretched all the muscles in this area which hurt more than if I had broken some bones. The joint in my shoulder was very much painful and I couldn’t move my arm for the next 2 weeks. I was very much immobile and such condition was driving me nuts. This happened 3 years ago and I can still feel the consequences of it. For example, when the weather changes are due, the joint in my shoulder hurts a lot, sometimes it can be pretty unbearable and I have to take some painkillers to relieve the pain. On the other hand, when I sleep uncomfortably, lying on my arm, when I wake up it can happen I cannot move my whole arm, like it’s stuck or something. My shoulder pretty much hurt and I can’t make the fast movements of the arm but have to move it little by little until it freezes off. Do you have such problems maybe? I hope you can have some use of what I wrote above. If there is nothing similar, or its way more serious with you, I suggest seeing your doctor.

I wonder if you ever went to have an MRI done to see if you had a slap tear or rotator cuff tear this whole time. I did. I fell skating when I landed outstreched like Superman and I felt pain in my bicep and at night my shoulder hurt (slight thobbing pain) every night, so I went to have an MRI (NOT AN PLAIN X-RAY). This revealed a full tear of the supraspinatus (sp?) And the surgery was done by at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute in Van Nuys with the top two shoulder surgeon in the country: Stephen J. Snyder.

http://www.scoi.com/doctors/sjs.htm

Physical Therapy for three times a week was what I did at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute. I did one month of therapy in the therapy swimming pool (heated to 90 degrees F) and then two months in the gym with a physical therapist for 3 days per week, one hour per session. It's very difficult for the first two to three months in the brace. You really have to baby that arm after the surgery for a few months. I had my surgery in August of 2007 (9 months ago). I skate in a full contact sport and I've been back skating for a little over one month now. Everyone's injury is unique, so I highly suggest seeing TWO surgeons before making a choice. I found Dr. Snyder AFTER meeting with a different surgeon. Dr. Stephen J. Snyder (of S.C.O.I. - Van Nuys, CA) is a pioneer in arthroscopy, who helped invent many of the tools used in modern shoulder surgery today. I am very happy I chose him.