I was told recently that I had an impacted wisdom tooth that up until my last visit to the dentist one week ago produced no pain. Now I have this nagging pain in my collarbone and shoulder area on that side of the impacted tooth. Are shoulder and collarbone pain associated w/wisdom tooth problems.? :'( This all has happened since I had a cleaning done. I dont know if these two things are related. I can barely lift my arm above my head. It really s$#&*5

i don't know if the pain is related but I have the same thing. I have an appt to have my wisdom teeth out in a month. But I have been to the doctor because my collarbone on the left side is bigger than the right one, and it hurts into my shoulder. x-rays are fine they are sending me for a ct scan.

hi, did you get your ct results? how did it go? i've had my problem since xmas and doctors dont know what they are as standard xray results are clear apparently (cant understand how as i can plainly see two hard lumps on my clavicle even through my clothes) so they just keep feeding me painkillers even though there still growing and all my glands are up on that side, very interested to know what your pain turned out to be and hope your both ok now. please help if you can......ANYONE, thankyou in advance. PS. i'm in UK so can only get ct and such like through GPs refural.

I have problems with my teeth, and a similar problem with my collarbone. What luck to know how that person got on with the scan and wisdom tooth removal.

good luck finding out what's wrong. I have a similar problem. My teeth start hurting, not just my wisdom teeth, then the pain moves to my arm and it hurts so badly i can't even pick up most light objects. my arm feels numb and tingly, but it hurts at the same time. I have difficulty holding a pen, or even a pair of socks sometimes. I have had this come and go since i was 15, i'm 22 now. no doctor i have been to thinks it can be related to tooth pain. they say it's impossible, yet it always starts with my teeth. one doctor told me it could be thoracic outlet syndrome..i dont know if that will help you any, but it could be a possibility..

Have you been checked for carpal tunnel syndrome. That is what it was like for me.

Same thing here - collar bone pain and I have an appointment in a month for my wisdom teeth. Odd.

i have had neck and shoulder pain for just under 6 years now, the doctors have done numerous tests including 3 mri scans, 3 bone scans biopsy, ct scan and blood tests and an x-ray to start with. the xray showed that my right clavical was swollen and 'like a sponge' which is pretty scary and they say it isnt too dangerous but it is really annoying because they say they have never seen it before!!! :evil:

I have had my wisdom teeth removed ages agos but am partially through a root canal on my left side and the tooth is still infected. I have been taking antibiotics for it for the last few weeks. Today my left arm started hurting really bad and it has moved up to my shoulder blade and continues to hurt on my arm. It feels like a broken bone although I know it is not.

My brother suffered from collarbone pain for awhile when I found out that it had something to do with his heart. I think that it turned out that he had something called pericarditis. I am not sure if I got the name right but that's what his issue was. Does that shed light on anything for anyone?

I'm dealing with similar pain in the right and left collarbone with knots on my shoulders. The pain starts in the morning, then subsides until the evening when it gets worse again. Also, I experience pain at the base of my neck, but I don't get the radiating pain to the arm.

I've struggled with this injury every 6 to 12 months over the past few years. I'm in good shape and exercise regularly. I just wanted to see if there was a pattern to how this injury occurs. I'm not sure if it happens from working at the computer, sleeping or sitting in a weird/wrong position or exercising improperly.

I normally visit the chiropractor for a spinal manipulation and it works wonders for me. I plan to make an appointment soon if this pain doesn't go away in a few days because it causes fatigue and irritiability and I need to be productive.

I'm just looking for answers to avoid the injury in the future, so I don't have to visit the chiropractor's office.

I have had tooth pain and shoulder pain as well. It hurts so bad that I cannot sleep. The tooth was root canaled but never capped and it wasn't until the tooth started decaying and breaking off that I experienced the shoulder problems. When the tooth became infected the shoulder pain became noticeably more painful. I have been under chiro care and sports massage but until now, I have not put the two problems together. Thank you for this post. I will now attempt to have the remaining tooth removed and see if that helps.

These are old I know but if you guys check back this might interest you. I am a massage therapist not a doctor so I might completely off base, but hear me out. Pain in your teeth especially your back teeth maybe causing you to clench your jaw even while you're sleeping now Im going to follow the muscles down. In your neck you have scalene muscles these are often affected without you ever even knowing it. These muscles lead into your shoulder so if the scalenes are left unattended the muscles in your shoulders are the next to be affected if you keep following these muscles down it can lead to pain in your arms and down your back. All because of the repetitive motion of clenching your teeth due to pain. Again, not a doctor, but if I were to work on you I would start on the neck and work my way down.

Crazy... three weeks ago I had tooth pain on the left side. Then shoulder pain on the right side, then my right shoulder began huring in the same, then my collar bone on both sides along with a stiff sore neck, then down my spine. Its not terrible pain - but noticable. My muscles feel weak, but I am able to exercise - same number of reps, somewhat painful. I don't seem fatigued, but have wondered if this is Lymes Disease. My joints are clicking when I stretch. I will go to the Dr next week. I cannot image the tooth pain - which is gone has to do with the other symptons, but who knows.

wow guys i have had pain in both my shoulders (capsulitis of the left shoulder and Bursitis of the right) i also have stinging sensation in the right collarbone, i have been told that's Neuralgia,but not sure about the Neuralgia going to see Specialist soon,The Capsulitis and Bursitis has been confirmed with tests.Hope this might shed some light.