having heart palpitations and heavy feeling in chest when at rest. thought it could be anxiety related since i lost both my parents suddenly and my job of 17 years in less than one year. i see a shrink and am prescribed ativan and klonopin. when discomfort happens, i have taken anywhere from 2 to 6 mg. of ativan and 1 mg. of klonopin and discomfort does not subside. i have not mentioned this to my doctor right now because during routine physical 9 months ago protein and blood are showing up in my urine. i have no physical symptoms-no pain and blood is not visible. have had a kidney ultrasound and CT scan and they are clear. also was checked for diabetes and results were negative. seems like if there is a problem the doctor can see, i would feel something. have an appointment with a urologist but this also happened about 10 years ago, had a cystoscopy and things were fine. i should also add that i am a smoker for 35 years-have decided to try to quit.

I am experiencing the exact same symptoms of heart palpitations and a compressed feeling when I try to breathe normally. I too went to the doctors and had a urine test which showed blood and protein, and as yet they're unsure what it is. Did you find out what was causing these symptoms for you? I hope you're feeling better!

My good friend also had this problem. I remember that I was telling him that there is no a chance that this two conditions can be connected. But they can actually. Blood in urine causes so many different connections and this is one of those. So, when my friend went to do some researchers, it turns out that he was dealing with sickle cell anemia. And that is why he has those heart palpitations and blood in urine at the same time. Also, he didn't have some other symptoms than those two, but the doctor says that he should have more of them. 

I am having the same thing, wondering if it's high blood pressure, that could cause both. Either of you find an ansqer?