I am slightly worried. I have a pain around groin area and my testicles. It not that painful just enough for me to know about it. I dont think i have any lumps or anything. I dont particularly want to tell anyone. Anyone have any ideas what it could be and if i should be worried?

It may be that you have stretched your testicle. Do you work out or exercise? Or if you lift have weight you might have hernia? Well you should not be embarrassing about this, because many men have problem with testicles. If you find your pain to grow that it would be advisable for you to go and check with a doctor.
Are you sexually active? Could this be something related with having sex, that you might have injured yourself?

yes, i have been working out, and think i may have over done it recently on an upper body workout. could that be what it is? if so what should i do about it?

How could i check if it is a hernia?

Well if you have over worked it out, then you might want to give it some rest for a while until your pain goes away. You might have stretched, and this is something that just needs a rest.
But also it can be testicular torsion, this is a little bigger problem. If your testicles have twisted then blood vessels are also twisted so you have interruption of blood supply. For this you need to go and see a doctor.

ok cheers. so you suggest i wait for bit to see if it gets better, and if not then get it checked. how long would you say approx i should leave it for?

Well I don't know how long are you having this pain. But it would clear in ten days. Try not to do any have lifting and have physical activities. Relax for several days. See if you get any better. If not, I would suggest that you go and see a doctor then.
Keep us posted on your condition.

ok, thanks a lot. one last thing?
woudl you say playing squash/ tennis would bother it?

ok thanks a lot. one last thing. Would you say playing squash or tennis would make it worse, or would it be ok?

cheers for your advice. i left it for about a week and now it not hurting thanks a lot.