A week ago, i was playing soccer for about an hour. Seconds afterwards, I felt an uncomfortable feeling in my testacles. The next day was the same uncomfortable feeling. The pain wasnt too bad until exactly 6 days later when i woke up in bed and found that the pain was beyond what i could handle. Out of 10 i would describe this pain as a solid 8 and half. Anytime i stand up or sit down it feels like ive just been kicked there.Everytime i cough and sneeze the pain is excrutiatingly bad in my testacles and just above them in my groin. anytime i tense my core (abdomin) i get the same feeling of being kicked in the balls. I have searched google and what makes most sense so far is the theory of the testicular muscles  extending up towards the stomach or abdomin being too short. Please if anyone knows anything of how this can be treated, let me know. Thanks 

Hi John,

See your doctor, now.  It is very important to rule out testicular torsion.  You may lose a testicle if the blood supply is cut off. 

It's also important to rule out a hernia.

The testicles are held up by muscles, the cremaster and dartos muscle.  It's normal for your testicles to rise or drop in height as that's how the testicles regulate temperature.  It is not a matter of them being too short.

Some adults do have spasms or cramps in the cremaster muscle.  Your doctor can treat it.

See your doctor - right NOW.

Good luck.

Will do thank you very much. Could it be dangerous if I left it until tomorrow morning to go to the doctor as I'm caught up in something very important this evening. What im asking is the longer I leave it, could this progressively get exponentially worse?

You said you had sharp pains 8.5 or greater. That would indicate to me, as a medic, that you are in a lot of pain and I'd consider it an emergency.

If it is testicular torsion it may already be too late. Once the blood supply is cut off the testicles begin to die.

Obviously I can't examine you.  I'm only guessing but I wouldn't mess around with that much pain in my genitals.

Good luck.

medic-dan was right. You needed to have this checked immediately.

You only had about less than 6 hours to get this sorted out if it was testicular torsion. The pain you describe fits the description of torsion or partial torsion. One way to rule it out was to have an ultrasound right away. The other way would've been to do exploratory surgery, where a urosurgeon puts you out and makes an incision into the scrotum to pull out the testicle and verify it is not twisted. If it turned out to be torsion, then they will check for blood flow into the testicle. If the testicle is still viable, the surgeon does an orchiopexy - he or she tacks it onto the scrotum and tacks the other testicle to the scrotum, as well. If the testicle is dead from lack of blood, then it is removed unfortunately. Hence, the longer you wait, the higher the chance it may be too late to salvage the testicle.

What did you have?