I'm 14 and for about 6 months i have been getting a really bad pain in my left rib, it is normally about once or twice a week but it makes it hard to breath or move? it feels kind of like there is something really tight wrapped around my rib %-) it lasts for about 30 mins at the most, it happened at swimming a few times so i told my mum and she just said we will see how it goes as it isn't a constant pain... any ideas please?

The teen usually complain about chest pain. It is often described as a sharp stab beneath the breast bone, sometimes occurring with physical activity, other times while watching television or just standing around. Ninety percent of such cases are related to changes in the musculoskeletal system. Pain under the left rib cage can arise from any organ in the left upper abdomen or chest, spine, or the left ribs themselves. In otherwise healthy people, spleen irritation and gas built in the colon are main causes of pain under the lower left ribs. I hope this helps.

Is there anyway to stop it?

Well, your pain is probably just a normal part of your physical development, but you should talk to your parents about it if you are still concerned and persuade them to get you to your family doctor so he can give a look at your problem.