okay, so im 17, and i am having MAJOR rib pain, i was perfectly fin e a moment ago and then it suddenly began to hurt. my left side ribs feel like they are being hit with a sledge hammer. also my heart began to hurt it feels as if someone is squeezing it very tightly and it is beating Very rapidly.
i have gone to teh doctor abou tmy heart pains since i was about five years old until i was about 10, they would get so bad i couldnt even move the doctor would alwasy say the same thing, im growing blah blah blah. the same doctor also told me i was fine when my tonsil were swollen so badly my throat almost closed off >:( so really i just dont believe him.
anyway this pain happens at least two or three times a day. my mom pretty much thinks im trying to get attention and its all in my head.
when this happens my ribs usually hurt first, then my hearts, and dthen i sometimes feel as though my lungs are being closed off.
Help this is freakin me out! im sick of people thinkin im crazy, and teasing me about it.

Hi! I believe you doctor would tell you if there were something wrong with you. Teens involved in regular athletic activities frequently experience chest pain that results from smashes with other athletes or muscle sprains due to lack of proper warming up. Weightlifters and gymnasts occasionally develop stress rib fractures as a cause of their chest pain. Other types of non-cardiac chest pain include growing pains, which are reflected in a dull aching pain localized around the center of the chest. Breast enlargement that occurs in both boys and girls during adolescence is a source of chest pain as well. Don't worry. Take care.