This happens to me every once in a while, probably only a few times a year, but I feel sharp pains similar to a headache, but in my chest (feels like my heart i guess). it has happened to me over the past few years but it only lasts a few hours and then i dont feel it again for a very long time, they are tolerable though and dont bother me more than a small headache. but it recently happened to me a few weeks ago, the day after i played basketball ( i am really outa shape ). I could hardly play cuz i was so outa shape (you know that first time you play basketball when you're out of shape and you are huffing and puffing and puke n junk). The day after if i took a deep breath it hurt my heart. i had to take shorter breaths and not yawn to keep me from feeling it. Im only 20 years old, 6 foot 2 165 lbs, Im kinda skinny and have a high metabolism so no matter what i eat i can't gain weight. I was just wondering if anyone knows what this is... I figure since people get shin splints and other things like that, there would be a medical term for this...

it may be your ribs. they could be bruised or something. only reason I think it maybe that is because it hurt when you would take a deep breathe. a few years ago I was eating and out of no where I was having a sharp pain in my chest. a few mins later I yawned and the pain was 100 times worse and hurt to breathe. I went to the ER because of how much it hurt to breathe. after an x-ray I found out two of my ribs were badly bruised. I know you say it only happens a few times a year but maybe you just keep bruiseing the same rib.