Hello I'm very concerned about this pain I'm having in my heart. Its like a cocsistant pain I can't explain goes away but comes back frequent now today I have soar ribs and its feels swollen and its only the left side not right. Just turned 28 yesterday kinda young for pains well thank u for your time

Hi there! Well one of the possible causes is fibromyalgia, a condition causing widespread, chronic pain. Fibromyalgia sometimes affects the ribs, causing intensely sore ribs. A number of pain medications and psychological treatments have been effectively used to treat the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Although they come from a variety of causes, in most cases sore ribs can be treated with anti-inflammatory medications and rest. Be careful not to confuse chest pain with rib pain, though. If you have fibromyalgia you may have noticed that you often feel intense pain in your ribcage and chest. This aching and stabbing pain is very common in fibromyalgia and can really impact on your enjoyment of life. If your chest pains are making it difficult for you to complete your work, get a good night’s sleep, or even breathe deeply, it is important to talk to your health care provider. Chest pain in fibromyalgia is usually nothing to worry about, but occasionally it can indicate other problems. I hope this will help you.