hi im 21 years old and iv been having these chest pains in my heart which feels like a stabbing pain iv been having them since i was 17 and iv been to the doctors and had x rays and all type of scans but they all come back saying that im fine when i know that im not does any one know what it is at all?

it happens a few times were it is a light pain and then it goes and comes back for a few seconds then i might not have them for weeks months and then it comes back most of the time its a light pain and i can control where i just dont think about it and then it eventually goes away but couple of times it does really hurt and i know its not panic attacks or anxiety attacks because im not worried about anything in fact the first time it happened i was just sat and laughing at program and then a few days later it was when i was just sleeping and now im getting to the point where im just sick of not knowing what it is so if anyone knows what it could be please share

thanks

The same thing happens to me and I'm 21, been having them since 18. The doctor diagnosed mine as inflammation of the cartilage surrounding the heart. Whenever it happens I just take a couple aspirin and rest until it stips hurting.

Thnx it could be but when iv read up on anything like that it says the causes are surgery on chest which i havent or when doing exercise which most of the time i having these chest pains im just resting or i could be just walking which i dont see that could cause
Also my doctor thought it was either my asthma which its not or an inflamed rib cage which i think is the same thing as the cartilage