Hi, I am a healthy 24 year old male. I woke up 3 nights ago with a burning pain in my chest. I fell back to sleep and when I woke up to eat breakfast in the morning I noticed the burning pain as I swallowed. The night before I seemingly got a pill stuck in my throat but thought nothing of it.

Now 2 days later I am experienceing a constant burning sensation in my sternum area, and more sever pain in the same area when I swallow. I went to a clinic and they did an ekg and said they couldn't tell much from it and then gave me nexium. this afternoon. Took the nexium and the pain is still there.

Any idea what it could be?

the exact same thing is happening to me right now and I too swallowed a pill on Sunday that felt like it got stuck. I have had the pain ever since. Please tell me that it goes away and what I can do to speed up the process.

I have the same pain. went to the Dr and bad news: Hiatal Hernia. The reason it hurts is because the closing valve (hiatus), can't control the reflux of chloridric acid that burns your esophagus. Sometimes it hurts in the back also (reflex pain). Best Take Care

Robertum

H! I'm a 13 year old female. About 6 weeks ago I woke up at 1:00 in the morning with crushing pain in my chest. It felt like heartburn but it wasn't. It actually was my sternum that was fractured. It still hurts. Right now I really, really hve crushing pain in my chest. I went to go see my doctor and he said it might be a Heart attack.

Hi! I am a 13 year old female. About 6 weeks ago I woke up at about1:00 in the morning with really bad crushing pain in my chest. I thought it was heartburn but it wasn't. The next morning I got rushed to the hospital. The paramedics said that my chest might be fractured. Iwas having trouble breathing. Still my chest has really bad crushing pain in my chest. It feels really uncomfortable. I talked to my doctor and he said that it definitly was a fracture. Riht now I really, really, have bad crushing pain in my chest. It will go away and then come back. It feels like a heart attack.

this is a long shot because i see these were posted a year ago, but i am experiencing the same thing.

I am a healthy 22 year old and woke up 4 days ago with a pain in my lower throat/sternal area (it felt like a burning pain) I assumed it was reflux, although i have never had issues with reflux before. I have been taking everything for reflux and still no improvement. I also swallowed a pill right before bed and it seemed to go down fine after my second sip of water.  I have been to the doctor and basically was told they didn't know and that it could be reflux. I am currently out of town and cannot see my regular doctor, and don't really want to go to the ER because it wont be covered by my insurance. 

Did you ever figure out what was wrong????