For about 3 weeks I have had a nagging pain just below my left rib cage, feels almost like a pulled muscle.

Last night, still had the pain, and was sitting in a computer chair, I bent over to pick something up and the pain got massive, I jumped up, felt like someone punched me in the spot, then it swelled up like a ballon (about the size of a large fist) for about a minute or two, then the swelling went down, and the pain slowly subsided. I still have a little tenderness in the area now, but not as bad as before....any suggestions or ideas..it scared the he^^ out of me at first when I saw this ball of something growing on my body.

Did anyone ever give u any advice?

You never came back on here to say if you ever found out what was going on..... I also have the same problem. The pain was there and then I bent over to sort some laundry (not lifting anything) and the pain just shot through me - through my chest, my neck, my lower abdomen and lower back. I went to my primary b/c of lymph node issues, but he thinks that rib pain is coming from my thoracic back since I already have degenerative disc disease. I beg to differ with him; I know my back pain issues and this is not one of them. He is basically saying that the pain is originating in my back and coming around to the front; I am saying the opposite and I know my body. So, I don't know what is going on. He was way more concerned about the supraclavicular mass. But if that turns out to be something, then possibly the lymph nodes in my abdomen are acting up as well.... Please reply back... Thanks.

I get pain in my ribs also.I have had back problems in the past, surgery and a spinal implant. My doctor also says this is coming from my back. I have to agree with him. Ones back takes a lot of misuse and the ache and pain goes to the nearest muscle or place on our body that it can to wake us up and let us know something is wrong. Next time you get it, rub your back and take an asprin or whatever you take for for aches,

Thank you, Guest of 5/20/15! Yes, I have decided that it is my back. I also have had surgeries (neck and back), but my husband had the implant. We are a great team! In fact, I get pain so bad in my chest (different now, stay with me) but it is coming from the nerve that is damaged from my neck. Otherwise, I would think that I am having a heart attack. It travels from my neck, through my shoulder, and down into my chest area. Now - that is painful! Yes, I shall take an aspirin! Thanks again!