Hi, I am a 21 year old female. I been having nausea off and on since May. For over a year I been having discomfort in my stomach, but starting in August, I been getting pain under my rib cage and right in the middle of my stomach. The pain in my stomach pulsates. When I lay down I see my stomach pulsating and feel it. When I stretch, turn to the side, or work out it hurts more. Also, when I eat the pain and nausea gets greater. My mom thinks it can be from constipation or acid reflux but I only get the belching when I eat certain things or if I am nervous. My dad thinks maybe I pulled something and I really don't know what to think. I just want some answers. I had a Gastric Emptying Test, HIDA Scan, and a CT-Scan in August and Spetmeber which all came back normal. My WBC came up a little high same with my BUN. I don't know what else to try. I dropped out of school this semester. I am not working, and it's affecting my social life and my parents are upset because I am not in school and doctors don't know what other options to try. Doctors think it's either stress or (IBS) but I heard (IBS) pain is lower my pain is under my ribs. I would like to know if this pain and pulsating and extreme nausea all can be caused by stress like they say. I just need another opinion or suggestions I can maybe address to my doctor that can maybe finally give me a answer to this throbbing pain. Should I still be seeing a GI doctor or should I maybe see a neurologist? Also, I have (PCOS) not sure if cyst on my ovaries can be a issue here. Another thing is my heart has been high off and on for a month or two and I been irritable. Not sure if this helps. Please get back to me. Thank you.

Hi Suzette,

I am feeling the same thing. I have pulsing in my stomach. I can feel it more when I am laying on my back, but sitting at work I can feel it slightly all day long. When I get up to walk around I feel a bulge at the same spot, sometimes a little to the left over my belly button. I thought of pregnancy but since we use two types of birth control, and have had a baby before, It does not feel like I am pregnant. I have not noticed anything abnormal with my bowels, and so IBS is far fetched.
I am terrified to go to the doctors in part because I am nervous at finding out what is wrong with me or NOT finding out what is wrong with me.

I have been looking for some answers on the web, but all I can find are people with the same symptoms with no diagnosis.

I am a healthy 23 year old mother of a soon to be two year old son. However, I am beginning to think I might not be as healthy as I thought.

Along with the pulsing and the tightening of the stomach, I feel some nausea (without ever being sick). If anyone has any idea how to help Suzette and I that would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Suzette,

I am a 31 year old male and have been experiencing very similar symptoms for a year. I am in the same dead end with medicine as well however continue to be very concerned. This condition is deffinitely affecting my life as well. I would highly appreciate it if you could let me know if you finally had this diagnosed and what the outcome has been.

Best Regards,
Andy

Hello, I have also had a pain that comes and goes when it pleases in the center just below my rib cage, sometimes followed by swelling or bloating. I sometimes have nausea, and feel like maybe a lump is there? This has been going on for a very long time, however, recently I have been very dizzy and faint as well. I go for a CT scan sunday, they thought it may have been a hernia, but now cannot feel one, so I am back to square 1 again!!!

I have been having the same problem. I woke up last night to my upper stomach pulsing with pain. It feels tight and I feel pressure. I have recently been diagnosed with a Chiari type 1 malformation (google it). I had some fainting spells and dizziness that turned out to be caused by the Chiari. I have no idea if these particular stomach aches are related to the chiari, but I know chiari causes nausea and vomiting and sometimes digestive problems so it's a possibility they could be related.

mine was my gallbladder get that checked

I have had a sharp pain under my right rib cage off and on for years with at times nausea. I have been to 3 family doctors, 3 hospitals and 3 stomach doctors and of course my tests come back normal. I have no idea what else to do.

Hi, there...name's Wendell...medical assisting student..check out "GASTRITIS." Sounds like the symptoms I'm seeing in my textbooks and on-line...saw this while researching for my homework on diseases of the digestive system. Hope this helps.

Guys go to a chiroprotactor trust me cause your symptoms seem just like mine and other ppl i've known who got this. Actually one of my neighbours have mastered the technique to relieve that thing which still doesn't have a name and it surely saves me money for someone like me who is always having that every 3-4 months. And i get it whenever i do high jumps or bouncing i mean anything that's gonna like give my stomach a little shock. And my symptoms are all the same like you guys