I AM 68 YRS OLD AND THIS MORNING I had pain while urinating for the first time. when I was in french school I had to urinate quite often and the (brothers) would tell me to wait till recess which sometime was 45 mins+. away.In high scool the problem continued and also during sportcontests. I was always looking for a place to go to relieve myself. this problem has been a thorn in my side ever since and even today friens make remarks every time leave the room. In my earlier days I am sure it was nerves but should it be still today. Surely there must be an answer to this delima. :$ uzgi5g

Freaquent urination could mean several things, very first it is suspected diabetes. But you must take into consideration how much you drink. Now pain from urination could be a few different things as well. Over the phone a doc may suspect a urinary tract infection, but further study could also mean simple dehydration and urine burns when exiting. Also body temperature takes a role as well. Urine can become very warm and cause dis-comfort while exiting the body for a male that is. Drink lots of water, but do so knowing it has to come out, so don't drink a gallon before bed, like I do and have to urinate all dang night. I urinate about 15 times a day at least, people look at me funny too, but you know everybody is different, if you feel the urge go, if you want to hold it so be it, don't hurt yourself doing so, but it's you do what your body tells you too do. Also look at the color of your urine, this tells alot of story about you, if it is light colored and almost white, you have alot of hydration in your body, if it is dark and very dis-colored and hurts coming out then chances of an infection are pretty good.
Ever tried eating asparagus, have you ever seen what this does to your urine..? The smell very potent, but it sure cleans the urine tracts.