i have been getting uti's since april,nitrofuratin was the last drug i was given and it seems to have had some effect,i am not in any pain /stinging but when i feel the need to go to the toilet i have to go straight away,i have been looking at my urine and it appears to have loads of particals floating in it also at the end of peeing the last drops seem to splutter out as if air is pushing it out.

Hi, the white particles you mention are probably just from your infection. If you don’t have any other symptoms (like back pain, groin pain, fever, etc) that could be indicating kidney stones, then it is due to your bacterial infection.

Urinary bacterial infection may be real hard to get rid of sometimes especially when they are in the bladder. I have been reading that the bacteria round-up in a small ball and attach to the bladder lining somewhere where they can’t be reached.

When they are in this ball formation, antibiotics can’t reach them to break them and as they are hidden, urine can’t get them out (or something like that).

I have been reading about this when my mother-in-law had such problems. She has been stuck with UTI for months.

It is important you wash your vaginal area every time you have sex, that you wipe from top to the bottom after urination, and you may try drinking cranberry juice or find cranberry tablets in a pharmacy store.

If you notice excessive smelly white or yellow discharge from vagina, it is due to yeast infection that is likely to occur after prolonged antibacterial treatment and you will have to treat that as well.

#1 Both you and partner should urinate and wash Before sex.
#2 If you plan on oral sex both of you use mouthwash (in mouth)
#3 Urinate directly after sex and wash again in shower rinsing pubic area throughly

More helpful tips:
Use only unscented soap. Do not bathe in bathtub as even sitting in bath water can introduce bacteria into sensitive people's urinary tracts and cause problems. Wear only cotton panties and do not wear tight pants. ASK your DR. about using only one antibiotic pill after intercourse as a preventative, this works great and does not abuse antibiotics which is very vert bad for you. Drink water before and after sex to encourage a strong flow of urine to help wash out bacteria.
MOST of all try some UTI SLIP, look for it on the internet, i get it as wellnesspartners do what it says and it works great!

Hope this helps!

OK LADIES! I have found THE answer for us! A while back I posted that for several years I have been suffering from chronic UTI's, been on the antibiotic track every 6th week...severe pain, burning, abdominal cramping, frequency of urination that was controlling my life! Well...I went to a new doctor who put me on BIOIDENTICAL HORMONES {which are not to be confused with synthetic hormones!!!!} and I haven't had a single UTI now-even a single trace of one-in 5 months!!!!!!! AND, do not think hormones are for older women! Women are getting hormone replacement now in their 20's & it is helping them immensely! The catch is this: Most doctors don't know much at all about bioidenticals even if they say they do. You need to research it on the internet first-seek an endocrinologist if you can-they specialize. ALSO & THIS IS ULTRA IMPORTANT-read the book "Breakthrough" by Suzanne Somers. On page 22-Dr. Jonathon Wright from Harvard University states this about antibiotics: "ninety percent of the time we can get rid of them with no drugs at all." He talks about a natural item we can take called D-Mannose-found in health stores-which attracts the E-Coli bacteria as it goes down into the bladder & washes it totally out of the body. He says that if taken around the clock {3-5 grams} every 3-4 hrs. for up to 2 days. He says most of the time no ab's are needed at all. The reason he says women are uninformed of this is that the pharmaceutical companies make a fortune from ab's & cannot patent sugar-so they would lose a ton of money on those of us who buy antibiotics all the time!!!!! Please try 1 of these 2 ideas & pass along to your friends. THIS HAS CHANGED MY LIFE! I have also suffered kidney stones & this doctor told me to use magnesium tablets twice daily & I passed a large stone & have not had one since. Before taking the magnesium, I had grit in my urine & blood. The pain was horrible & bladder spasms were from the stone in my bladder & not being able to flush it. Not a single problem since taking magnesium!

Cransberry juice atleast twice a day it worked for me and the said if you get it once your more likely to get it again