Every time before my period I get a bump near my lip. But most times it does not show up like pimple, it is hard and area is sore. So, I thought that it might be a cold sore. I only get them before my period and never in a cluster. When I picked them, it leaves a scar that takes time to heal. Can I mistake a pimple for a cold sore?

Cold sores usually appear on your lips, occasionally on your nostrils, chin or fingers. Although it's unusual, they may occur inside your mouth. Once you've had an episode of cold sores, the virus may emerge again as an active infection on or near the original site. Tigers may be fever, menstruation, stress or exposure to the sun. But again it could be a pimple. Cold sores (herpes) are usually a cluster of blisters, not a single bump.

What cecile said was correct but didn't really answer the question clearly enough, though I can't tell you what you have.

Pimples also appear more often before and during menstruation time. Cold sores tend to not scar and heal in 7-10 days. Pimples tend to scar. Pimples can be painful and big or not feel like anything and be small. Cold sores appear in clusters on a red raised area and itch/tingle before and after appearing. Both can appear on the lips. (<-comparison of facts)

If you're really worried, get tested for herpes to be sure whether you have it or not, though I doesn't sound like herpes from what you've told me.

What ever it is, it'll heal faster if you get a good lipbalm or chapstick and keep from licking it. I like Carmex, it's a little gooey and medical smelling so you might not like it.