Hi

I tried reading to see if I could find another post regarding these same symptoms, but I couldn't find one. Four days ago, I suddenly had a sore throat and headache. That night, it elevated to a fever, dizziness, and loss of appetite. The fever got worse the next day, to the point where I went to the hopsital. Here they tested me for strep, but nothing else. The test came back negative, and they put me on antibiotics and said to wait a week. Now, my throat still hurts, but my fever is gone. However, I now have small blisters on the roof of my mouth, which are extremely painful. They came pretty suddenly, and are constantly touching my tongue, which causes pain.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? They aren't canker sores, I've never had these types of blisters before.

Thanks for any help!

did anyone give you an answer? I have a 6 year old here with all the same symptoms.

It could be the Coxsackie virus. It usually has flu like symptoms and is commonly seen in children. You can develop mouth sores on the tongue, gums, hard palate and throat.
If you want to read more on the symptoms and treatment, here's the website:
http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/coxsackie.html

sounds like enterovirus. Most adults are immune, however some do still get it.

Disagree with the enterovirus DX. Does indeed sound like coxsackie virus, AKA herpangina. Not to worry, will go away on it's own.

I believe the coxsackie virus is a type of enterovirus.

i am scared

It sounds like Hand, foot mouth disease. It is painful and takes a while to get over, but there is nothing that can be done for it. Just ibuprofin for the pain and milk helps to coat the mouth. The doctor suggested swishing with Milk of Magnesia to also help coat the mouth.

a family of five has had this - hand,foot,mouth disease - baby -parents-brothers seven and nine -recently - in Chattanooga area after the father visited Minneapolis. It started with a sore throat and the blisters in the mouth came later.