Since I started to have menstrual bleeding I also started to suffer from terrible pains during my menstrual bleeding and during my ovulation period.
I can't describe the intensity of these pains. Few times I even faint away and I was unconscious for about five hours. So, believe me it is quite serious.
I went several times to many different gynecologists and none of them could help me.
Just the other day I went to some new gynecologist who specialized painful ovulations and he discovered that I suffer from some mittelschmerz syndrome.
Does anybody what kind of syndrome this really is?

I'm a woman so you must believe me when I say that I know what you are going through.
All women are familiar with cramping, headaches, bloating, and constipation or diarrhea that accompany periods every month.
Although the pain may feel like something serious is wrong, painful ovulation or is rarely serious.
Painful ovulation, when severe, is referred to as mittelschmerz, a German word that means "middle pain."
Mittelschmerz is believed to be caused by a small leakage of blood from the ovary that occurs at the time of ovulation.
Sometimes women don’t know to recognize this special ovulation pain but ovulation usually occurs about two weeks after the first day of each menstrual cycle, so the timing of the pain makes mittelschmerz easy to recognize.
You should use some usual painkillers like you already probably did but before taking any medications you should first try with using a heating pad or taking warm baths because it can also help to relieve the pain.

For the past 6 months I have experienced severe abdominal pain and vomiting around the same time of the month and I have figured out that it is always 1 to 2 weeks after my period. If anyone has experienced this, it is not easy to talk lite of it. It's awful! It has greatly disrupted my life. The pain is so severe that I stay nauseated and vomit for about 12 hours and then my stomach is very sore for 3 or 4 days. I tried to talk to my ob-gyn but he wasn't concerned. It wasn't until I did some self diagnosing on the internet and found some websites about Mittelschmerz. I am very pleased to have a primary doctor that is going to look into the matter and wants me to print out some information and bring it to her to read. What I have read fits my symptoms to a "T". I can understand about the fainting because I too have had such bad pain that I have gotten dizzy. Please if anyone has any information or input, let us know.