Hi, my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for six months now. We didn’t have any success so far. I am thinking about starting to calculate when my ovulation days are, in order for us to have grater chances of becoming pregnant. However, I have some doubts about the ovulation period. I know that ovulation happens in the middle of the menstrual cycle, but what are the exact days when ovulation occurs I have not been able to figure out so far. Could you tell me something more about the ovulation and clear my doubts?

Hi, ovulation is a complex process. There are a number of methods that could help you to approximately determine when your ovulation period is. However, to determine the right moment or day of this event is possible but very complex procedure. Ovulation is a process that is controlled by a number of hormones produced in the brain and ovaries. If you follow the levels of these hormones, you can determine the fertility period. This is the period of few days before the ovulation. The released egg can be fertilized in the next twenty four hours. After this period the egg deteriorates. During the ovulation our body goes through changes caused by the changes in the hormone levels. These changes can help you to notice when you are ovulating. For instance, if you measure your temperature you will notice that during the ovulation period your temperature will rise for approximately one degree. Also, there are ovulation prediction kits that can help you determine the ovulation period. However, the best thing you can do is to talk to your OBGYN. You can talk to him about your doubts about ovulation. The doctor can also do some tests to help you with your problem.