Hi, I have had problems with my ovaries all of my life. When I was younger I had a follicular cyst on my left ovary, but it disappeared after few weeks. And painful periods are a regular part of my life. Now, for the last couple of months I have started to feel the pain in the middle of the menstrual cycle. I think that the pain is somehow connected to the ovulation, but I don't know what might be the cause of this problem. Could this painful ovulation be a consequence of another cyst?

Hi, the pain you are experiencing is not somehow connected to ovulation, but is caused by ovulation and is medically called mittelschmerz syndrome. I have the same problem, but it took me much longer to connect the pain to ovulation. I used to think that I had an appendix inflammation. But, during one of the attacks, I noticed some spotting that freaked me out so I went to see my doctor right away. The diagnosis was painful ovulations. I experience the symptoms every couple of months. The pain is not that strong and I manage to control it with aspirin. However, because you already had problems with your ovaries I think that you should definitely talk to your doctor about your problem. If it turns out that your problem is painful ovulation, depending on the pain your therapy will be determined. In the worst cases birth control pills are prescribed to control ovulation and the pain caused by it.