hello! Can anybody explain to me what could cause ovulation cramping. Thank you

Hi! Cramping can be felt if females egg has been fertilized by a spermatozoid during ovulation, and the egg’s effort to get into the mother’s womb may cause some slight cramping and bleeding but this usually happens few days after ovulation. There is also menstrual cramping. However, some women experience pain during ovulation when it should not occur. Exact causes are not clear, so if you are experiencing any abdominal pain or pain around the ovaries, you should definitely have it checked to see if there is an underlying disease.

I can tell what I do during my ovulation. I also have severe abdominal pain in lower part, cramping and nausea. I drink at least 7-8 glasses of water, take warm bath and have rest whole day long. I always have naproxen in my purse. Some say it may get better after you have a baby. You’ll see.

I have actually had a child who is now 5 and it's only the last couple of years that I have been getting cramps during ovulation. It seems that as I get older they get worse. I'm only 35 now!

Been to docs and they can't really explain.

I had the ovulation cramping and had several test done and found that I had a ruptured sists on the ovary that I ovulate from and some fluid inside the ovary. Please get the pain checked to make sure that this is normal for your situation. The pain can be normal and it also can mean that there is something wrong

Hey, I know ur post was a long time ago but i just wanted to put something straight. It is NORMAL to experience some slight cramping when ur ovulating, (for me its how i know wen i am). Not all women experience it but some do and as long as ur not in agony its ok!! It's caused by the contraction of the uterus/fallopian tubes moving the egss down (Hence it is milder or not felt at all)

Hi, I came across this question b/c I'm 29 and it seems my ovulation pain is worse too. I know why, I'm just wondering why it's not as localized any more?

I know that each month you ovulate you create more scar tissue on the ovary, therefore, each month you ovulate it hurts worse. So, obviously as you age it's going to get worse. However, my pain isnt as acute as it use to be...? it's a little more dull and more spread (bigger area) wondering if anyone has had this before? and it seems to be worse on my right side. Ok thanks

This is absolutely normal and surprisingly common. Painful ovulation or mid-cycle pain affects about twenty percent of women. Although the pain may feel like something serious is wrong, painful ovulation or is rarely serious.

Painful ovulation, when severe, is referred to as mittelschmerz, a German word that means “middle pain.” Most women who experience painful ovulation usually report a nagging pain that begins as a sharp twinge and diminishes into a dull ache for the next day or so. But for some women, the pain can be severe enough to be disabling and can even be confused with appendicitis. Occasionally, in addition to mid cycle pain and cramping, some women may experience nausea, and/or light menstrual spotting. Mittelschmerz lasts for 6 to 8 hours in most women; however, occasionally it can last as long as twenty-four to forty-eight hours.

While the discomfort can occur on either side of the abdomen, it is more commonly experienced on the right. Pain in the abdomen can occur during intercourse or it can be aggravated by intercourse, working out or other physical activity. In addition to pain, some women also experience gastrointestinal symptoms and increased frequency of urination. Painful ovulation may occur every month, but more typically occurs every third to fourth cycle.

I am 36 and I have had this for years now. I had my first child at 25, and my second at 32. I'm not sure when this started, but I can't remember when I didn't have it. For a while my Dr. told me it was cervicitis. Later I learned that she had to be wrong, cervicitis does not happen every month. I went to a new Dr. for the last couple of years. She told me that it was cramping from ovulation. I have very bad cramping, gastrointestinal symptoms, and what feels like bloating and inflamation. My symptoms are usually worse a day after intercourse. They last for a day or two. Usually by the end of the day they start I have to go in and lie down. Nothing else seems to help. I still wonder if this is the real problem or if there is something else. However, it does make sense because it seems to be almost the same every month. If anyone knows anything to help please let me know.

I need Help Ta See What's My Chance To See If I Could Be Pregnant And If I May Have A std. Well I Have Thought I've Ben Pregnant For The Past Two Months. I Did 8 Test And 5 Came Out Yes And Then 3 Came Out No.. The Past Two Monts ii Would Bleed for Only Three Days And It Was Very Light As For My Reg. Preiod I Have It For 5 To 6 Days And Its Heavy... ! I Have Had Unprotected Sex all The Time... The First month that I thought I was pregnant I think I had sex right before I started bleeding like a day before and last month I had sex at the begging I kaint remember the date then had sex on the 14 19 and the 20th ... my preiod or what I think might have ben my preiod kame on the 24 but like I said it was only for three days and light not normal for me. I was told I may have ovulated on the 8th 9th or 10th of this month and I had sex one the 6th.... I started seeing the discharge on Monday the 8th and nwo I am still having it its the ovulating discharge its not that much any more but I still see it. I started having cramps on Monday and then they started guin away but now I'm starting to feeel them more. I have one cysts on my right ovary. When should I test to see if I am pregnant and what do you think are my chances being pregnant ? And after sex on the 6th a couple of days after I saw this pump on my vagina. Its not the ones yhu get after yhu shave... its biqqer lyke the size of an earser on the end pf a pencil and its hurts and itches... do you think I have a std ? If so what do you think it might be ? Can some one please try to help me and write meh bak I'm scared and don't know what to do...

And I have had pregnancy symptoms as well... in the morning ii get sick nd get to where I need to throw up but nothin comes out and I have had some lower bak pain head aces I sleep more often and get tired more... I got to the restroom more but when I go I don't pee that much... and I have been moody aslo some of the things I used to be able to eat I kaint eat its makes meh want to throw it up some one please help meh ! This goes with that otha part above ^

You should go get checked out to make sure you're not having an ectopic pregnancy. If the test came up positive before, you may have a small amount of pregnancy hormone. You should go to a doctor.

Also, the lump on your vagina, it maybe a cyst. I had one removed from my vagina with surgery a couple of months ago. It was just something I was born with, apparently, and it doesn't show up and become annoying until later in life. It would get sore, itchy and sometimes get infected. I think sex aggravated it. I was so glad to get it removed. It wasn't an STD or anything.

But you should get checked out to make sure it's not an STD. The earlier the better. If it is detected early, treatment options are usually better.

is it normal to have cramping for about 4 days around ovulation time? its not miserable. just uncomfortable. lie someones tying my ovaries in knots. lol i was tested about 5 years ago for endometriosis (sp) and it was neg.

Get checked for PCOS if you have ovulation cramping, could be the cause

I have had 6 kids and several miscarriages and believe me the ovulation cramps DO NOT get better after you have kids... It's horrible for me mid-cycle!