Hi all,
I'm 4 weeks pregnant and have been having what feels like ovulation pains all day - I've been looking it up all day and can't really find anything about it. I'm concerned about ectopic pregnancy but all I can find as a symptom is abdominal pain - that's pretty broad! Should I be concerned about this? Help!!! (I would call my dr. but it's after office hours and I'm freaking out!)

I love that there are all of these responses to questions like - "Wot duz it mean if mah bf cummed close to my ** and I two days late for period" But no response to legitimate questions..

Omgosh i have the same thing..
I wish someone would answer your question too so i would no aswell.. :O

This is also happening to me i feel like im gonna come on its right low down im worried it could be something more serious . Am 5 weeks pregnant

I had the same issue with my first pregnancy. They checked for possible eptoptic pregnancy. Luckily it was negitive. They can do this with a ultra-sound. Yet for three full months I had sharp shooting pain - severe pain on and off. I would wake up in the middle of the night also in agony. They saw no cysts in the ultrasound and to this day my Dr. is not sure why I was in such horrible pain other then it may have been a un-detected cyst that burst 3 months later. I took no Tylenol or pain medication though I felt like I needed Vicodin. The pain was really bad ! Like a dagger into the side of you. I choose no medication due to being pregnant and not knowing what was going on with the pregnancy. My pregnancy was full term and a healthy beautiful baby boy ! Do check with your Dr. as soon as you can for possible eptopic pregnancy due to if not checked and it is a eptoptic pregnancy it can burst and ruin that paticular fallopion tube and put you at severe health risk. Any pain with bleeding call your Dr. a.s.a.p. You may need to go to the E.R. and let them know you think you may have a eptoptic pregnancy....it's nothing to mess with so have your Dr. see you a.s.a.p. If the fallopion tube does burst you now only have one fallopion tube left to possibly get pregnant in the future if you are ok after the ordeal. :'( XD

I have been worrying about the same symptom! The way you descibed it is exactly what I am experiencing. Ovulation-like pinching pain. It isn't severe, but I feel it enough to worry about it. It is mostly on right side but occasionally feel it on my left side too. I am 4 and a half weeks so my first appointment with my doctor isn't until April 16!!! They are new doctors for me so I'm technically not even a patient yet. Should I call them and request a sooner appointment bc of my worry???

this is my fourth pregnancy, and this is the first time i've felt this ovulation type pinching pain. I am 4 weeks as well, and i have my first ob appointment tomorrow afternoon. i'll post back and let you all know how it goes.

I realize that you all posted your comments a while ago, but I was wondering if you figured out what the pain is. I am now 4 weeks pregnant and am feeling a pinching sensation mainly on my right side, but sometimes on my left side as well. I do have a history of miscarriages and I had this same feeling all 4 times. I just want to know if this is a normal feeling, or if this is a sign that I am going to miscarry again.

hi, i hope to put your mind at ease, i had this with both of my pregnancies, i asked gp and he said it was stretching pains from ligaments losening up and the uterus changing size etc.
mild period type pains during pregnancy are completely normal, if they become really painful of are acompanied by blood or spotting contact youyr gp, otherwise, don't panic and enjoy every moment, ache and twinge, good luck xxx

It is likely that the pain you're feeling is caused by a corpus luteum cyst which is a good thing! :-) The cyst forms after the egg is released from the ovary and is responsible for producing progesterone. Most women don't feel them but occasionally they can cause what feels like ovulation pain in early pregnancy. I just learned about this today from my OB/GYN. I am four weeks pregnant with my second child and went to my OB today as I was concerned about the kind of discomfort you're describing. Hope that helps!!

Thank you corrina. You have put my mind at ease =)

Thank you for everyone's posts, I am 4 weeks and a few days and I have been feeling the same thing. I have had miscarriages in the past and this is my first pregnancy that is looking good, so I have been nervous the past two days. My first Dr. app is not till Mid Jan so this really makes me relax.

Hi, I am ttc and am only 7dpo but have been having a strange but very mild ovulation type feeling on my right side....could this be an early pregnancy sign? Also when I lay down it feels as though my lower tummy is sucking into my back and I have to turnover...has anyone else had this feeling?

Hi! everybody.after eading all those comment I feel better.Im 5 weeks pregnant and I have  my right side kind of ovulation pain.I have no bleeding

everything is normal.Im so scared of ectopic pregnancy. I believe as long as no bleeding and miner pain everything is fine. Goodluck to everybody.

hey

iv been haveing ovulation pains all day and am really tierd but a dont now if am pregant because my test came up unsure.
what are the signs of pregancy? the first weekx