Please help! I am having terrible cramps that are hurting all through to my back and down my legs, the pain is making me nausias. I am not on my period, i finished my period over ten days ago. What is wrong with me? Have also had some completely clear and odorless discharge.

I am going though the same thing right now,and I'm trying to find an answer,just wanted you to know you are not alone

Hi, many women have this problem under 2 weeks after there period, it's there ovulation cycle, it can hurt more after you've had children, as u never had pain like this before i had my 2 boys, now i get it rel bad, it feels like contraction pains..
Thats what i say it is but if you are concerned then see your Gp and make sure you always up to date with your smears( yes we all dread them, but there life saving)..
Good luck, get some painkillers to prepare yourself for the next month. :-)

Hello. Well, I'm having the same thing except the pains are before getting my period, but they last for a long time way before getting it, plus I have been getting more discharge than normal. I was recently diagnosed as having an HPV infection. 80% of sexually active women will have an HPV infection at some point in their lives. Some strains are high risk, others low risk. Many women will get infections and get over them without any symptoms, but for others including myself, you can get some abnormal cells which result in an abnormal pap smear. This is left untreated can lead to cervical cancer and is in fact the most common cause of it. But don't panic, it's one of the most preventable and treatable health conditions. Once you have an abnormal pap they do a more extensive test on you and often test for HPV. Either way, there are a few procedures that can be done that are quick and basic to remove abnormal cells/tissue if necessary. Lead a health lifestyle and your body will often normally clear the infection. Important thing is to get your pap smears regularly. I'm not saying this is the best explanation for your symptoms, but I know I read online that these symptoms may sometimes be associated with a worsening HPV infection. See your OBGYN to double check.

Most women experience some degree of menstrual cramps at some point. Cramps can be mild to severe. Endometriosis, fibroid tumors, ovarian cysts, and other conditions may be a contributing factor. Here are a few tips to alleviate cramps:

1.OTC pain relievers such as ibuprofen or naproxen used around the clock at the first sign of your period helps to reduce the severity of cramps in many women by inhibiting the release of prostaglandins.

2.Regular exercise such as walking helps to prevent or at least reduce the severity of menstrual cramps for some women.

3.Oral contraceptives may effectively reduce or eliminate menstrual cramps for some women; however you should consider the side effects of oral contraceptives before using them to prevent cramps.

4.Zinc, calcium, and B vitamins obtained in food and supplements have been found to reduce cramps, bloating and other symptoms.

5.Herbal remedies such as Viburnum prunifolium, Scutellaria spp., and Cimicifuga raemosa have an antispasmodic effect that may reduce some menstrual cramps.

6.A warm bath filled with aromatherapy or a heating pad on your lower abdomen and back is often helpful for relieving menstrual cramping.

I do have some advice as well. I was pregnant 3 months ago with an ectopic pregnancy located in my tube and experienced everything from major gas pains, contractions, pain on the side my rupture was located, cramps, achy legs, excruciating belly pain...just letting anything I know that major, unbearable pain might not just be from menstrual cramps...and even if you don't think you could be pregnant and be experiencing an ectopic pregnancy, it's possible. 1 in 50 pregnancies are ectopic, and for those that are sexually active and have a sudden onset of this pain should go to the ER. I know that what people described here are talking @ menstrual cramps, but if it is unbearble and you are active, don't overlook that fact that it could be something worse. I am hoping that this spreads the word about ectopics...before I had one, I never know anyone who had one. It's not talked about enough!!

hi

I had my last period about a week or so ago and i have the implant so there not that often and dont last long with hardly any pain. Last night i started getting really painful cramps my back is really sore as well as my legs and i feel sick all the time. Im still eating and drinking eventhough i dont want to (because i feel sick) I woke up and the pains and everything is still there, ive never had this before and am worried as i dont know why i am. I feel really bloated do you think it could be that im going to start my period again so soon after the last? Or could it be something else? Please message me if you think you know or have been through this yourself

Thanks

im sixteen years old and i am on birth control. im supposed to only get my period 4 times a month. i am having horrible cramps right now and a weird tingly feeling in my lower area...it hurts soooo bad and its very uncomfortable. i dont have my period but im afraid that i might be getting it even though i shouldnt be. what is going on?? PLEASEEEE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could be a fairly common thing called Mittelschmerz. It's German for "middle pain" which some women can experience during ovulation. This happens about 2 weeks after the first day of your cycle and includes some of the symtoms you mentioned. If it has lasted over 3 days I would probably advise you see you Doctor. You're definitely not alone as I'm going through the same thing myself. I'm 22 and I've never experienced this before. It's best to see your Doctor if the pain is severe or it lasts longer that 3 days - just to rule out any other issues.

Hope this helps

A lot can be going on here. Trapped gas can be excruciatingly painful. There is also the issue of P.I.D. Also, ovarian cysts. UTI can also be the culprit, as can ectopic pregnancy. But of all the things that can go wrong, I would strongly urge you to go to the emergency room if your symptoms either get worse, or, don't go away. Getting advice on a forum for a curbside diagnosis in order for you to make your decision is not wise.
Your friendly O.R. Physician Assistant

i having the same sorta problem but my different i finish my period 2 days ago and yesterday i started getting cramps and today my back hurts i dont know what it means. so if anyone can help me see what this mean thanks

I'm having the same problem
It's been two days since I've finished my period and ive been getting cramp like pains on my lower stomach area?
I was suspected pregnant because I missed 2 pills from my pill pack but started my period it was a really heavy one, which I found awkward as this doesn't happen to me but I assumed it was because I was extremely busy and was constantly on my feet with no rest.
Now I am confused, someone help is this normal?

i had the exact same thing and it was so bad i cried and it felt like ssomebody kept stabbing me on the stomach.
i thought i was just due on but i went to the toilet to have a wee and it turns out i just had blocked anal passage.
as a 20 year old woman, diorea is horrible but i hope this helps

hi i had my period not long ago and im not due in two weeks but im getting really bad period pains like a period but worse im bit confused to why this is happening and would love to get a right answer plz

I had all of those symptoms when I had a kidney infection. Go to the docs for a urine sample and they can put you on medication that will take the pain away in less than a day.