I've been getting these painful red bumps on my butt for a while now. But recently one formed on the base of my penis where the underside of the penis meets the scrotum. The bumps are painful and sometimes they pop. They are very sensitive and when they pop a whitish/yellowish puss-like substance comes out. Also, when not popped, the bumps feel as if there is some sort of a lump inside of them. This has really begun to worry me. Any idea what these bumps are and how to treat them?

I am guessing the bumps may be from infected hair follicles. Have you tried antibiotic ointment or corticosteroid cream?

Based on your description, they could be Boils. The whitish/yellowish substance is pus (white blood cells) that are trying to get rid of the boil which is likely caused by an infection. The other post notes Folliculitis, which is also possible. Either way, try not to touch or pop them, you will spread the infection. They usually go away on their own but you may want to seek treatment if they large enough; assuming they are boils!

I think that whatever they are, it would be a good idea for you to see a doctor about this because it could be something serious or not. I thin that either way it would be a very good idea to see a doctor about it because it is better to play it safe with stuff like that. If you could, please give us an update on whatever it turns out to be and keep us updated. Thanks!