FIrst of all, I am sexually active. Also, I do shave down there. Anyways, I have been noticing these three small bumps on my labia for the past few days. They are very painful and kind of remind me of pimples. I'm not really sure what they are. At first I thought they were cysts, but they haven't gotten any bigger. Any help?

Hi! I read that there are a several causes of bumps or pimples on the female genitalia and most of them are not contagious and not life threatening. Cysts are common and can occur anywhere on the body. Blocked hair follicles, or folliculitis is probably the most common "bump" seen in the genitalia of men and women. The bumps are often irritated and tender. They are infected and may require antibiotics and a large incision and drainage to treat. Clogged sweat glands can occur anywhere, including the genitalia. These sweat glands can be infected. Genital herpes is an STD. It usually causes itchy, burning and painful lesions that often start as a sore spot resembling a bug bite, but progresses over a few days to a blister or group of blisters and then an open ulcer. Molluscum contagiosum. This viral infection causes small, fleshy bumps on the vulva with a central indentation. They have a pearly color to them. They usually go away without treatment. I hope this will help you, but still, be sure to get it checked out by your doctor.