Hello. I've had red bumps on my inner thighs that seem to never go away. They range in size from extremely small (like razor bumps) to huge (like a quarter). Sometimes they pop, and either blood comes out or a whitish- yellowish pus. They make me extremely self conscious being that I am only 17 years old. I went to the dermatologist and he told me they were infected hair follicles. He prescribed me a cream that I have been using for over a year now which has not helped at all. Since then I have completely stopped shaving my inner thighs, and they still wont go away. I have many skin problems; psoriasis of the scalp, eczema, constant skin inflammation of my ears ( supposedly caused by a nickel allergy, but i don't wear earrings?), and acne. I also suffer from Crohn's disease and I am on steroids which causes my immune system to be compromised. I am wondering if these conditions can possibly be related to these bumps on my inner thighs. Somebody please help me!

HI,
I think that acne on your inner thighs might be connected to the use of steroids - they have multiple hormonal side effects, so the fact that hair follicles gotten inflamed and all the acne forming might be due to the change in levels of your hormones - basically like the puberty, only the steroids might be the reason why you can't solve the problem permanently. But, acne can be treated and you know, there isn't a person who doesn't have them, so if steroids are helping you with Chron's, just focus on finding the better topical antibacterial treatment for the acne.

Like the other poster said, the steroids could definitely play a role.

Ask your doctor about the connection.

You could try laser hair removal to eliminate the hair and possibly prevent future pimples from forming.