Hey, thanks so much for responding. Wasn't sure if anyone was still active on this post :) Never really had any problems with anxiety until I started on bc.... I've been on many different types over the past 7 years. The only time I had major anxiety before now was when I was ON the Depo shot for 9 months. But as soon as I got off of it, all the anxiety went away - and I started the Nuva Ring (which was awesome). I was off the Nuva Ring for about 3 months (after a break up) and had no problems getting off of that, but for the past 1.5 years, I was on Lutera bcp (with no problems on it) and have NEVER experienced anything like what I'm going through when coming off of it. But because it seems that my anxiety/depression issues are related to birth control (once on it, and now off of it), I'm pretty much blaming it on hormones. I definitely agree that it's going to take time because even over the last couple weeks, I've seen individual symptoms vanish (and trust me, I had just about every symptom you could think of!). The only thing that is really freaking me out at the moment is this lingering head pressure/tingling issue (was freaking out that it could be a brain tumor or something, but I'm trying to be realistic and tell myself it's from the bc/anxiety). If it would just go away, I feel like I'd be as close to my normal self as possible. I know worrying about it makes it worse, but it's hard to not worry when it won't go away lol... I feel like it's a double-edged sword and I can't win! I'm really glad I could get in touch with someone that is going through something similar though. Makes me a feel a little more normal lol

Yeah I had the weird head sensations as well so I got an mri and an eeg. And they came back normal. Your hormones are just way of of wack. It's gonna take some time. I've talked to a ton of girls that had the same experience so your not alone !!

Hey jubrowne - it's been another week! Lol... How are you feeling now? Any updates? I feel like I get slightly better every day, but the head pressure/sensations are still present... You're about a month ahead of me, so anything positive you can report back would be great! :)

Hey girl. Sorry just read this! I'm doing better. Still not 100 percent though. I struggle with depersonalization. Just not feeling like me and just unfamiliar. But I am so much better than I was. It gets better. It's just seriously takes time. Very slowly but surely. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Oh my goodness, I've had the same thing in regards to head pressure/ weird sensations after coming off of beyaz. Like out of nowhere my head will feel like an electric shock just went through it and then I'm so freaked out and paranoid about my health. Hope it gets better soon.

I just read this comment, sorry if i'm real late- BUT EVERYTHING YOU SAID AND EXPERIENCED HAS LITERALLY BEEN THE SAME THING FOR ME! Ever since stopping birth control. I've been going through this for 2 1/2 months and things are slowly getting better, but im wondering how you are doing now? I have that horrid disconnection as well as paranoia and i've never been like this before.

Hey Jubrowne how are you doing?

Hey guys! It is me, AnxietyGirl. I can't login to my old account, but I have a lot to say. The anxiety calmed down within 3 and a half months. I can't believe it has been years already! I'm 21 now and was a lot younger then. Some of us just can't handle hormones. They kind of influence birth control on everyone with hormones first because it is cheaper. I ended up getting the copper IUD & am so much happier. Hormone free is the best way to go! I wish the best to everyone on here. Stay strong, it just needs to come out of your system. You will be happier. Things do calm down. You are not crazy! Sending love to you all!

This is exactly how i felt hit the nail on the head! I’m glad to know we are not alone in this. Let me know if you got any better over time I did! I now have a baby and it took me two years after getting off bc. I knew my hormones were messed up because I wasn’t getting periods or pregnant I had gotten so many zits and black heads on my back I was so anxious I was so foggy I looked at a tree and got confused. I had serious questions of “what are we, who are we, what is life? Just weird questions I’ve never asked myself”. I turned into a hypochondriac with mental health issues now any mental health stuff I get anxiety over. I turned agnostic. I re evaluated my entire life. It was biazzar! And I believe it’s all because I got off birth control cold turkey after 16 years. There is no way getting off a medication esp hormonal that nothing would happen. Impossible. I was told it was the pill it was my own hormones depleated due to being on the pill but wasn’t specifically the pill. I am 85% better my periods I get anxiety before for a day and after for a day. Hope this helps someone. Peace and love!

Hey!

I know this has been awhile since you posted... I was hoping if you could tell me how your hormone test came back from the naturopath ?

Just wondering if that explained any of your problems as I am going through the same experience and will be seeing a naturopath in a few weeks.

Hope all is well.

New Member
1 post
I am in the exact same situation as you right now and have experienced all the same symptoms. Its been about a month since getting of birth control because I have terrible migraines. Those went away but I also developed panic attacks and anxiety. I was wondering how long it took you to recover since this was a while ago?