I think one of my college friends has what is called paranoid disorder. I just got to know her a year ago and we spent a lot of time together studying but I have noticed that she maybe suffers from paranoid disorder for she is angry most of the time and think that everybody endows her or want to hurt her or want to make her unhappy. All this has affected me that much but I also found out that her mother might be having the same paranoid disorder problem. Do you think I should stop seeing them?

Well if I were you in the same situation I wouldn't be risking or maybe there is another solution-maybe you and other friends may try to talk to her making her visit some psychiatrist along with her mum. You know when someone has paranoid disorder there are good chances he/she inherited but paranoid disorder might also be caused by some drugs or meds abuse as well by some big stress. Anyway if someone doesn't behave normally or regularly than in cases of possible paranoid disorder may result in sudden panic attack that might and badly.