Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with borderline disorder. As far as I know, he has been experiencing some serious fluctuation of the behavior. I wonder if this is common for this kind of disorder. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more. Thanks in advance. Bye!

Hello, there. Borderline personality disorder is something that is not quite clear for me. It is characterized with the instability in interpersonal relationships, emotions and self-image. These people often have impulsive behavior. I guess you can say it can fluctuate. They also cab have suicidal behavior. They can manifest it through some risk behavior that can lead to self-destruct. I hope everything will be all right with your friend. Good luck! Bye!

Hi, folks. My cousin has been diagnosed with borderline disorder. He is always changing his behavior. You can say he is impulsive. He has this tendency to risk behaviors that can be considered suicidal. He was always driving his cars too fast. In any case, this disorder is something that should be treated by a psychiatrist. I hope your friend will feel better. Good luck with all! Bye!

Its wild! Picture a 3 y/o(emotionally) living in an adult body. Someone with BPD hasn't developed emotionally,nor do have have the skills to do so(until they know what to look for) most likely because they were neglected/abused during the 1st year of life. Also the parent,usually the mother, negected/abused them as a child, and a lot of times the mother had a mental illness so she failed to show child how to work thru and handle emotions like seen in healthy families. The child was exposed to irractic,scary,neglecting,invalidating,inconsistent behavior in mother so child coped. Huge irrational fear of abandoment and unstable relations are known for people with BPD. People with BPD's logic is not people w/o conditions logic, so it seems bizzarre. The more you love and do things for for someone with BPD they will "pull away" and create drama or create a problem that is not real. People w/o the disorder has to really learn to communicate in a different way with BPD. Its very hard for friends and especially live-in family to deal with. Usually they are depressed,feel empty inside, self identity issues, and so on. Moods are unpredictable "like walking on eggshells" never know what you might say or do that will make them lose it. Talking with someone with BPD can be frustrating because they are so comsumed in their emotions, it often feels like a one sided relationship. Also people with BPD seem like they don't care or love a person, but they do, just can't or won't show it the right way.(like I said the more you show you love them, the more they'll pull away)

The first half of your post is waaaaay off and rather offensive!

I have BPD, and I am NOT a 3 year old emotionally. My childhood was great - there was no abuse nor neglect, and neither of my parents experienced a troubling childhood - nor any kind of mental illness.

About the only thing I agree with is the last part of your post.