Every day I get dizzy. It occurs the most often in the afternoon. A sudden attack sometimes includes lightheaded-ness, nausea, sleepiness, a fast beating heart, and occasionally irregular heartbeats (wherein it also feels like I'm having a hard time breathing).

I'm not on any medication at all, and I eat very healthy- mostly vegetables and whole grains. I got a blood glucose monitor and have tested myself when dizzy and when feeling normal. There seems to be nothing abnormal. I got a blood pressure monitor and have tested myself when dizzy and when feeling normal. There seems to be nothing abnormal. I have tried reducing my sugar, caffiene, and salt/sodium intake, seperately and together, and it has not changed anything.

I'm running out of things to try. What could it be? I'd hate to think I have an inner ear problem or even worse something wrong in my brain!
What would you suggest?

I am having a similar problem.

Though let me ask you. Do the symptoms get worse at certain moments? I.E. Physical Exertion, Being outside, After eating, etc. Or as far as you can tell it is just peaking and waning at random throughout the day?

It could be linked to Anxiety. (As I was told.) Even though most of the time I am in a calm and peaceful place with few distractions.
If you have been getting it as long as I have. 4+ weeks, then go see your Doctor, have a physical or ask for a scan.

With luck. It will leave you on it's own. And me as well...

Well, for a while it seemed to me like it was happening the most often after physical exertion, even something as simple as walking around in WalMart. But more recently, it has happened at very odd moments and seemingly unrelated to anything. One morning I woke up and while I was still laying in bed, I got dizzy and it felt like the bed spun around. I can walk from one room to another in my house and all of a sudden my heart will be pounding as if I had been jogging. My dizzy/lightheaded/weak spells have been occuring since last Summer. Actually I can remember a few from the year before that, but I don't know if they were related. The problem has been gradually getting worse until now it is happening every day and interrupting my activities. I never yet fainted from it, but have had some very close calls where my vision will start to darken, the room will spin, but if I hold on to something and fight it, it passes in a few seconds.

I would contact your family GP and book an appointment to get yourself checked out. I had a bout of heart palpitations after many periods of what you described. But my doc's just linked it to Anxiety/Stress. They may be right, as I haven't had any trouble with that for a while.
Just be sure you feel like your doc has done everything possible for you. Any unnecessary thoughts of doubt just lead to more stress, which I do not think you need.

Dizziness, disorientation, pressure in my head coupled with shortness of breath seems to be my problem now.
Hopefully all it is is just a bout of Anxiety like I said. Seems wierd, especially if your not FEELING anxious at the time, but your body displays the symptoms regardless.

If it is related to your body getting overworked or stressing yourself out over nothing, your doc can maybe prescribe a Beta-Blocker for you to take daily. (Just a pill which helps prevent too much adrenaline speeding up your heart rate and all related symptoms of being over-worked.)

I hope all works out for you, and this annoyance passes you by without any trouble. Try not to dwell upon it too hard, and entertain yourself, get some company over to take your mind off it until your doc can figure out whats wrong.

I have the same problems, though I've been diagnosed with hypertension, vasovagal syncope, and a mitral valve prolapse. However, like you, when I'e had symptoms I've checked my BP and pulse rate and both have been normal. I was told I've been having anxiety attacks and was prescribed Xanax.

i think its the hormone changes in your body :-)

Are you on any new hormone pills or vitamins?

Because I've noticed the exact same thing in me. And I'm just 19.

I have a feeling it MAY have to do with the birth control I just started, but I'm not sure.

I have a similar problem and just got a call from my doc about recent bloodwork. I had to have serum iron level done and now he wants to see me. I .m thinking it may be low iron as I really felt bad the first couple days of my period this time. Will find out on Thursday.

I too am dizzy all the time. It started out a few times here and there over that past few years and it getting worse. I too lay in bed and the room spins sometimes. I get light-headed, weak, out of breath and sometimes my heart beats funny. I am going to the doctor again next week and I also have an appointment with an endocrinologist - not sure if that will be the answer.

I have these same problems happening now. I have had them come and go for years (I am 28) but the last week and a half they are every day and intrusive. I am wondering if it is from my birth control I have been on a few months. I have been to doctors in the past and they diagnosed vertigo but found no specific reason for the dizziness. Now I am getting horrible headaches and anxiety along with the dizziness.

I also have the same problem: dizziness, fast beating heart when nothing's going on, shortness of breath. I have fainted from it once during a tae kwon do class, which of course must have been overexertion. And I have almost fainted a few other times but I also just hold onto the wall or something until it passes. Happens a lot when I first get up too. I've been having these symptoms since either middle school or early high school and I am now 22, still same symptoms. I think it is linked to anxiety in my case anyway, since I also have a stuttering problem. Sometimes I think I'm a little claustrophobic because small spaces like elevators or crowded shops seem to cause my symptoms too. What's also strange is big stores like Walmart will cause this almost every time, even if I'm in an area of the store that's not crowded. I went to the doctor when I had first fainted and they said there's nothing wrong with me. So I have no idea what it is. Oh yeah, I find it interesting that some people are attributing it to birth control pills. I have been taking birth control pills for a few years and I'm not sure if it's made it worse or not, I think it's the same. Does anybody else frequently have this problem in Walmarts like me?

hey guys,

i am a 22 yo med student who is often dizzy, often exacerbated by frequent flexion/extension of the head...like for example going to class and taking notes. I'm looking into something called cervicogenic vertigo (although I wouldn't say the room feels like it's spinning) or something else called BPPV. I hope some balance exercises might help it out. I also get short of breath and sweaty palms and am wondering about an anxiety problem although I too am calm.

I am now 39 yrs old. I have heart palps. , pressure in the head when I stand up and sleepiness. I was admitted to the hospital for the palps. 2 yrs ago and they found nothing! they ran every scan on me possible and I'm healthy,normal everything. Yet my heart was setting off every alarm in the place. I was told that is was stress and anxiety. I recognize my triggers now, like if I don't get enough sleep or if I take on too much at work it happens. I was given a mediction for high blood pressue to lower my heart rate if and when i feel it coming on.

I have the same problem and i'm pregnant. It just started, so I bet it has to do with hormones.

I had this same issue for years. Finally while pregnant with my 2nd child my OB took me seriously & sent me to a Cardio. After wearing a monitor for 24 hours (during which time I didn't think I had a "spell"), it was discovered that I was having random periods of heart rate measuring 229 BPM! This was diagnosed as Super Ventricular Tachacardia, an issue caused by electrical pathways in the heart getting stuck in a "loop". I had a surgery called Cathader Ablation where they mapped the pathways & "zapped" the extra ones. Afterward I've never felt better!

My daughter is 8 now and I'm having similar "feelings" after I eat. So I was doing some research. Guess I'll be heading back to the Cardio. %-)

Another sneaky culprit that comes to mind when you mention it happens when lying in bed is Vertigo.