For several years now, I have had a problem with severe dizziness after I stand up and walk 10 -20 steps. I have had my corotid arteries checked and they are ok. I had an angiogram which was also ok. I take high blood pressure beta blocker and have changed to other types to see if it was the medicine, but the spells keep coming. Over the past 3 months, they have gotten worse. Today, after watching a movie, I walked out of the theater and made it to the bathroom when the spell started. I was shaking violently. I made to to the stall where I fell. During the spells, I can hear ok, but cannot speak what I think. I shake, especially my right arm. My vision is blurry. Over the past 4 years, I have fainted completely only twice. No doctor can seem to tell me what is wrong. Can you help?

Over the past few years or so i would stand up and get really light headed and dizzy, and my vision would go completely out. Black. I never really paid much attention to it because it only lasted for about 30 seconds. Well today i had got up to get in the shower, i got out and i felt dizzy beyond control. My vision started coming and going. and then black. I was still conscious i just couldn't see anything. So i sat down on the floor and tried to pull myself together to call my mom but i couldn't, i was in pain. I started feeling nauseated and i leaned over as if i were about to throw up but nothing was coming out. Finally my vision started coming back, not good, very blurry. So i got up and started down the hall and i got to me moms door to try to tell her that needed to go to the hospital. I barely got the words out before my breath started to get short again and my vision went completely black and my heart started beating really fast. It starts to go away when i sit down for the exception of the headaches. Then the ambulance arrived and the only thing they could notice was my pupils weren't responding and my lips had absolutely no color. I had got bitten by something that weekend but they said it looked like a mosquito bite, but that bite was making the whole left side of my back hurt and up to my ribs, but they said that was not what was causing these effects. So I got to the hospital and they gave me meds and two bags of fluid because they said i was dehydrated, and they said i had very low potassium. But i think something is wrong. And no one seems to have any idea what it can possibly be.

i'm also having shaking in my right arm.. my left side goes numb and i have seizure like symptoms in my right side. i had started with a migraine on sept 9th this year (i never had one before and knew something was wrong). i now have the migraines 24/7 it never goes away. i've seen several doctors and none know what it is. i had a neurologist do and mri and eeg and he said that there was nothing wrong. but i blackout and can't talk but am trying to and have seizures. so he put me on 5 pills of nortyptilin for the next year and said that it's all normal and that everyone has these. bs. i've never had a migraine in my life and have never had a seizure before this.

I to get the exact symptoms as described, I've had it since I was a wee lad at the age of 10, Iam 16 1/2 and the doctors think Iam faking it and has recommended me to take anti depressants, I get the shakes more connately then ever and its starting to scare me, Iam afraid Iam going to black out soon unexpectedly, I wake up with huge headaches, pains in my legs and its starting to get hard to use a computer because I shake so much.

I too am having migraines 24/7 along with the shaking in my right hand and my hand goes numb, and feels cold when it happens. I am now starting to experience extreme stomach cramps, nausea, and diarrhea, and the Dr at the ER thinks that it is my head craving the pain medicine but I have had migraines since I was sixteen and I have never had the shaking in my right hand, the dizziness (vertigo), and the blurred vision. Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks

A suggestion is if you havent had one yet try an MRA my father had similar symptoms unfortunately they didnt catch it in time but it was a ceriberal hemorrhage ( spelling) that had been leaking then draining its self. it may not be that but it wouldn't hurt

I am currently 23 and have had the same similar symptoms for a few years now but also a few more... My Doctor is doing a head x-ray to check for any brain tumors, but more so she thinks that those kind of effects could be related to Narcolepsy. I'm not sure if any of you get disturbances in your sleep or are sleepy during the day but It could also be related to your sleeping patterns... She seems the dizziness is from my bodys lack of ability to get what it thinks is a regular amount of sleep even though I may get a full 8 hours of sleep. I go for tests this week for some type of hopeful answer... But I thought maybe this might help you all as well...

I am only thirteen years old, but since i was eleven years old, I have had spells were I stand up and my knees will go weak and i'll colapse to the floor, then I get dizzy, and my vision will go completely white, these usually only last for about one minute. I haven't told anyone, except my mom, she says its just me being light headed, but its happened more frequently now, for the past three months I have colapsed at least three times a day, and they keep getting worse, and lasting longer, my mom says i'm faking, but at times it gets so bad that I start crying. I think theres something wrong with me, but i'm not sure, nobody really knows whats wrong with me ?

People who have posted in this discussion thread may want to look into postural tachycardia syndrome (POTS). Very few doctors know about it, but it is a real disease. My teenage niece has many of the same symptoms, unexplained over many years, and was finally diagnosed with POTS after a week at Mayo Clinic. Luckily for her she has a mother who never thought she was faking it. You can learn more about POTS at www.dinet.org/pots_an_overview.htm.

auntieem I for one really appreciate that you have posted information on POTS. I don't think many people know about it and I think that it's a good idea as the symptoms of this disease are very vague and hard to pin down. It's hard when you have a condition like this or back pain that so many people fake or whose symptoms seem to be very nebulous, so it's very appreciated when you can pin something like that down. Does anyone else have issues like this?

i get the same thing without my arms shaking and the doctor is a piece of sh*t.

If i were you i would get checked for animea, maybe low iron, or even diabetes it is just a thought... i dont think that any of these would cause you to shake though that would have to be from the central nervous system so you might be having an type of sezire there are several different types some of which you are uncouncious and others you are... these are just some thoughts of what could be wrong im not a doctor or anything would like to be one day but i have been feeling dizzy and nauseated today and its really weird i am pregnant but i havent felt like this its different nauseation and i was seeing if anybody else had the same symptoms .... i prolly have the flue

Anemia sounds like it's a pretty good idea! I wasn't too sure about it but it sounds like you could be onto something there. Have you gone to a doctor about it?

Yeah. I have similar symptoms to those described. After sitting or lying down for a time i will get up and walk a short distance before suddenly feeling extremely dizzyness and nausia. My legs feel as if they are made of jelly but the top half of my body is still in control. If I try to stop falling over, I can grip onto something and wait for it to pass, however doing so gives me a huge burning sensation in my head while my vision goes really dark (I still remain concious the whole time). I then feel nausia for a good hour or so afterwards. I almost always have a light headache or a migrane in some part of my head (It can be random).

throughout my life I have had several similar type spells. I am 32 now and its been happening off an on for years. What will happen to me is that I will be watching T.V or a cpu screen, I start to feel flustered and lightheaded. Then i start to have theses "mini" convulsions and i shake till I hit the ground. When I hit the ground I feel extremely nautious and warm. Last night I had another one and it got worse. This time while I was on the ground my arms and legs started to also go numb. I also have been to doctors that say nothig is wrong with me and dont know what to do cause I felt like i was an inch from deaath last night.